Don't feed the troll.......

Posted Image

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

Resident WCC Aerosol Spray Painter

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
  • Car(s):R34 GT Skyline with GTT engine
Lol i know, i heard your exhaust. It is up there on my list... Expensive though.

Lol Allen, positive thoughts and constructive criticism only please :)

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
  • LocationUnder The Bonnet, Behind The Camera
  • Car(s):1x Giant Fridge, 1x Smaller Freezer
  • Bike(s):Hopefully before January
Kakimoto exhaust system!! Omg, best sound on a NEO! or just buy a muffler and get Kermit to knock you up a custom stainless exhaust.

As for turbo, well I have a high-flowed standard turbo with steel wheels. Runs 18psi and allows the engine to make 300hp, with room for improvement. Best turbo for stealth, because "it's stock, officer. I swear!".
However, I would choose the HKS GT-RS turbo. Straight bolt on in place of the standard, can run much more then 16psi, and can produce up to 350-400hp I think. Definately the better option.
RM_Photography
RM_Photography on Facebook

RM_Photography!

Resident supplier of Garret, Sonic Performance, Turbosmart and all Bosch products.
MTQ Engine Systems

Practicality is an unfamiliar concept...

PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES!!
-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
What about clutch, can you recommend me a good clutch?

My power target is 300 at the wheels, so i want one that is rated to possible 350. Will an Exedy Sports Tuff Heavy Duty clutch do? Or do i need a Sports Tuff Cushion Button clutch? The cushion button says it is for moderately tuned cars driven on a daily basis. The heavy duty clutch says for lightly tuned cars driven on a daily basis, and suitable for amateur track. Neither gives power ratings though, so would you class 300hp as moderately tuned or lightly tuned? I would think it is more moderately tuned surely?

karbie

karbie

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSOR
  • Car(s):R34 GT-T Skyline
yeah the Exedy Sports Tuff clutch should be fine. That's the one I got and it feels great and should definetely be able to handle the power
Why Drink and Drive when you can Drift and Slide.....

karbie

karbie

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSOR
Part number is NSK-7333HD

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
You reckon it could take up to 300? How much did you say you have, 250?

Just by the way Isaac, what mods do you have on yours to be making your power?

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA
  • Car(s):RB30DET R32 Gts-t Sedan, Hilux SSR-G Surf 4x4
  • Bike(s):Hyosung GT250-R, My wife...

Lol Allen, positive thoughts and constructive criticism only please :)

Okay. It's cost more than 8K. The way you're going on here it's going to add at least another 5-7K on top of what you said you weren't prepared to spend. Where is the extra money coming from, do you have it? Why are you asking if you're going to need to complete uni, get a job and save up in order to get what you want next? In a couple of years time new products will be out and you're going to change your mind anyway.
We can give you all the advice you want, but if you're not prepared to listen to what anyone says, take constructive criticism, take into consideration what people say without coming back with stupid remarks, then the whole point of this thread is lost.
Every time I have considered a build or upgrade with anything, what I thought I was going to fork out increased by 30-50%. This advice was given to you earlier by both Rhys and I and you shrugged it off like you've been there before. Take the advice that you are given into consideration or don't ask for it.
This isn't a build thread, it's Martin's wish list.

Posted Image

karbie

karbie

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSOR

You reckon it could take up to 300? How much did you say you have, 250?

Just by the way Isaac, what mods do you have on yours to be making your power?

Fuel pump, coil packs, turbo back exhaust, intercooler, pod filter, and i think the ECU has been done, well thats what the previous owner reckons and he also reckons there is a few other things done. i haven't had the time to really look the car over. An i have achieved 257.4 RWHP. but the Sports tuff clutch should be able to handle the power of up to 400 or 450 according to this guy I was talking to.

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
Two of my mates have the Tuff Push Button clutches, and they swear by them. One has 280hp through the front wheels of his Celica (DO NOT RACE IT!! You'll lose miserably :P) and the other hasn't been dyno'd, but he has very similar mods to me and it's holding up fine. So that'll be the way to go. Plenty of decent single plates out there now days.

But for ultimate chick magnetism, you need a twin plate!! There's nothing girls like more then being thrown around with the roughness of your take offs and gear shifts :D Yes, that was a complete and utter lie... But it's still fun to drive!!
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

Resident supplier of Garret, Sonic Performance, Turbosmart and all Bosch products.
MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

karbie

karbie

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSOR

Two of my mates have the Tuff Push Button clutches, and they swear by them. One has 280hp through the front wheels of his Celica (DO NOT RACE IT!! You'll lose miserably :P) and the other hasn't been dyno'd, but he has very similar mods to me and it's holding up fine. So that'll be the way to go. Plenty of decent single plates out there now days.

But for ultimate chick magnetism, you need a twin plate!! There's nothing girls like more then being thrown around with the roughness of your take offs and gear shifts :D Yes, that was a complete and utter lie... But it's still fun to drive!!

or you could just release the clutch quicker :)

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
Lol trust me Isaac, twin plate clutches are no walk in the park, they are a challenge to drive. Not really about how quick you release the clutch, more because the friction point is at like 4000rpm so on a 300hp car you take off like a bullet and if you are in traffic you are straight back on the brake lol, it's great fun. I'm not paying $3000 for a clutch though lol, i think ill ask KYP what clutch they recommend. Probably go with the Sports Tuff though.

Okay. It's cost more than 8K. The way you're going on here it's going to add at least another 5-7K on top of what you said you weren't prepared to spend. Where is the extra money coming from, do you have it? Why are you asking if you're going to need to complete uni, get a job and save up in order to get what you want next? In a couple of years time new products will be out and you're going to change your mind anyway.
We can give you all the advice you want, but if you're not prepared to listen to what anyone says, take constructive criticism, take into consideration what people say without coming back with stupid remarks, then the whole point of this thread is lost.
Every time I have considered a build or upgrade with anything, what I thought I was going to fork out increased by 30-50%. This advice was given to you earlier by both Rhys and I and you shrugged it off like you've been there before. Take the advice that you are given into consideration or don't ask for it.
This isn't a build thread, it's Martin's wish list.

Allen mate, i never meant to disregard your advice, i have completely taken it under consideration throughout this whole thing. You and Rhys have been very helpful. I'm sorry if it seemed like i was ignoring your advice, all my comments were meant in good humour. I have not been through this before, which is why i said it would not cost me 8k to do, i was going off what i had been told and was not thinking about other things that have contributed the cost so far. But i never meant to reject your advice.

As far as the whole money thing goes, i get paid to play soccer for the state. It isn't officially an income because it very much depends on if i make the squad and if i play, which is not guaranteed. But currently i am in the squad, so i am making about $1400 a month. That is where i am getting my money from. I am getting a bank loan so i can get a credit rating and pay for the engine conversion. I have been selected for the squad for the tournament in July, so i know i will be getting money up until at least that month, which is why i am considering what i want to do next. I suppose this thread is more of a wish-list than a build thread, but i'm doing the best i can with what i've got

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
  • Car(s):Changing
HKS twin plate here, smooth as silk :bootyshake:

As for exhaust, just wait around and buy a second hand one. Danny at JPC should have some with his new shipment.

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
Yeh the exhaust won't be complete for awhile. Dump pipe and hi-flow cat may be the first to go on because they are relatively cheap, but i will get a good system so the cat-back may take a bit longer. I am in no rush, would rather have some money in the bank for awhile after the conversion is done

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
Smooth isn't the best way to describe mine... Lol.

And releasing it quickly only works when you have built up a lot of revs, but then you leave the line sideways! Whenever people drive it, they always bunnyhop and/or stall the first few times. My friend is driving it on the Photography Cruise, so you can see how the clutch works when she takes off :P
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
Lol well the first time i drove a car with a twin plate clutch wasn't too bad, i only stalled once. I just had to remember to rev the car high enough and take the clutch out quickly. That was a 32 GTR though, so all wheel drive helped with the high rpm launching lol

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
Monga could sort you out with dump + high flow cat. If not, just go ebay spec stainless. No real difference.

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
Yeh i was gonna ask Clint how much he would charge me, i get discount and free postage cos i'm a previous customer :D But i was looking at JJR spec dump and cat. 3" Stainless steel bellmouth dump pipe would cost me $199, and stainless hi-flow cat would be $175. But then i still gotta pay for postage. So i will see how much Clint charges

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
Quick look on ebay = stainless dump is $100 + Postage and I recall Clint charging me $165 delivered for an XForce high flow cat.