NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
  • LocationUnder The Bonnet, Behind The Camera
  • Car(s):1x Giant Fridge, 1x Smaller Freezer
  • Bike(s):Hopefully before January
Yep. Even the most trustworthy people can do the dodgy on you... And I wouldnt call KYP "trustworthy" but that is 100% my opinion, and I dont wont to change anyone's minds :)

And I'm glad Allen agrees with me... It never cost as much as you think it will.
RM_Photography
RM_Photography on Facebook

RM_Photography!

Resident supplier of Garret, Sonic Performance, Turbosmart and all Bosch products.
MTQ Engine Systems

Practicality is an unfamiliar concept...

PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES!!
-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

Resident WCC Aerosol Spray Painter

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
  • Car(s):R34 GT Skyline with GTT engine
Lol don't forget i thought it would cost $5000. My 8k price is coming from conversations held with KYP, C-Red, Autoworx, JPC, Cypher Industries, my mechanic, and a local specialized Skyline mechanic. I've done my research, i've done my asking around, and these are the quotes im getting. Im going with KYP because of the willingness they showed to help me. How many workshops out there do you think every single person that has been there is 100% happy with? Hyperdrive is one of the most respected workshops in Perth, but i will never take my car there. In the end i have to pick someone, and KYP have stood out as the most suitable, that doesn't mean i am giving them my bank account details and telling them to go nuts. I will make sure i get everything in writing, and do what i can to avoid being messed around.

Cars are a dodgy business, we all know that

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
Yeah... No shit! :P
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

Resident supplier of Garret, Sonic Performance, Turbosmart and all Bosch products.
MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
Ok, pod filter and fuel pump arrived today. Clint from Authentic Godzilla Motorsport sent them out at the same time as the intercooler kit and the radiator, so they should be arriving soon, i imagine being larger packages they got caught up in the mail somewhere. So when they arrive i will be painting the intercooler piping black :)

Added another $1000 to the funds today, should be adding another $1000 tomorrow. Means i need about another $2000-$2500 to get it all done, hopefully i will be receiving some money this month from my uni scholarship that will help pay for this :D

Will keep you posted

Char

Char

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 766 posts
  • Car(s):R32 ca18de conversion
/fail to see how this is a build thread.

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
/fail to see why you felt the need to post

karbie

karbie

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSOR
  • Car(s):R34 GT-T Skyline

/fail to see why you felt the need to post

Agreed.

Who's this Clint guy? can he locate you parts for cheap?
Why Drink and Drive when you can Drift and Slide.....

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
Looks like. Build thread to me. Not with huge updates, flying through all the work, but going through his eyes and the issues he's having as he goes along. More realistic then most, even if it's not quite as exciting.
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
Clint runs Authentic Godzilla Performance, he is able to get parts for cheap, as well as make custom parts. Good quality stuff as well, like he can get his custom parts or he can get you well known brand parts like Greddy, Trust, APEXi, etc. It isn't ebay cheap, but it is cheaper than from stores or places like Nengun and JustJap.

karbie

karbie

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSOR

Clint runs Authentic Godzilla Performance, he is able to get parts for cheap, as well as make custom parts. Good quality stuff as well, like he can get his custom parts or he can get you well known brand parts like Greddy, Trust, APEXi, etc. It isn't ebay cheap, but it is cheaper than from stores or places like Nengun and JustJap.

can you give me his details so that I can ask him for a few things?

Char

Char

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 766 posts
  • Car(s):R32 ca18de conversion
didnt mean to diss or whatever, really its an engine conversion.. and discussion has been bout whos gonna do it.
dont know why ur gettin quotes for 8k..
my mate got his r32-rb25det -(awd) done little while ago by some place, think it only cost him like 3-5k all up pm me if interested

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
That would have been an R33 engine yes? I'll PM you about that man.

Currently this is just an engine conversion thread yes, i thought it would be useful to anyone wanting to do the same thing, i know if someone had done it previously then i would find it useful. But it will become a build thread, the engine conversion is just part of my build.

There has been a lot of discussion lol, but that's part of what i love about WCC, you can go off topic without getting banned for 10 years.

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts

can you give me his details so that I can ask him for a few things?

His website is www.authenticgodzillaperformance.com.au

But if you are a SAUWA member as well then you can just pm him, his username is "monga".

Highly recommend him, FMIC kit and radiator arrived today, very good quality. Can't wait to get the work done and i can see this big dirty (actually very clean and shiny) intercooler hanging off the front :D

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
  • Car(s):Changing
^+1, got my hi flow cat through him. Trade prices FTW.

Martin, what you going to do about the Turbo Diesel grill? :P

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
Lol ill keep it, i think it looks good :P

He gets trade prices, and he gave me free postage which is awesome cos it easily would have cost him $50-$60 to send all this stuff

karbie

karbie

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSOR

Lol ill keep it, i think it looks good :P

He gets trade prices, and he gave me free postage which is awesome cos it easily would have cost him $50-$60 to send all this stuff

Ok sounds like this guy is really good, will contact him.

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
Ok back to my car lol, i went and spoke to NAB today about getting a loan, all seems sweet, just need to fill out the forms and then could take up to four weeks for everything to get approved or rejected :( But i guess in the mean time i can organise with KYP to get the half-cut shipped over from Japan and put a deposit down.

I asked about getting a 5k loan at the bank so that i can fully service the new engine and gearbox, as well as have some reserve funds in case i need to replace my clutch. Bank is cool with that, but i need a quote from KYP detailing the costs and things... I told the bank that the loan was for car repairs, i need to replace my gearbox. So i would need KYP to quote me 5k for replacing the gearbox and servicing the car, otherwise the bank won't give me that. I was going to do the service myself, so i think im just gonna go with a 4k loan as that covers the basics which will be easier for KYP to quote, and then i will do the service and things a bit further down the track instead of straight away. Loans are too complex, just give me the damn money :P

karbie

karbie

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSOR
Just get KYP to do a quote on everything and ask them to quote you on a heavy duty clutch etc and hopefully it will amount to over $5000, then once you get the money just service the car etc yourself as you originally wanted too

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
Lol that's what i did.

Turns out KYP are awesome and i fully trust them and will definitely be going back there. Great people.

So i just got back from the workshop, and they have given me a full written quote of $7150, which also includes wiring of gauges, installation of my turbo timer and replacement of the water pump and timing belt, which i hadn't realised they would do for me, so that is great. Gonna have to take out the embarrassing mess i call wiring before i take it to them :P So anyway, final cost is going to be $7150, no matter what. So the full cost of this conversion including the stuff i bought myself is going to be $8700. More expensive than i originally thought when i was naive about it, cheaper than i thought it would be after i had researched. So i'm very happy with that.

I currently have $3500 sitting in the bank, so with the $5000 loan from the bank i will have $1850 left over, which i will use in case i need a new clutch. So all i have to do now is apply for the loan, wait and pray that i get approved, and then wait for the half cut from KYP. So this should be completed by about May :D

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
I still recommend doing all the hoses while it's out!! I only say that because I've replaced them before I side the engine bay, and it's not cool! Just ask KYP how much it'll be to replace it all out of the car.

Other then that, seems to be coming along nicely!
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!