NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
  • LocationUnder The Bonnet, Behind The Camera
  • Car(s):1x Giant Fridge, 1x Smaller Freezer
  • Bike(s):Hopefully before January
Ok, its late but time for that long post I've been promising for a while! Lol.

Firstly, generic. Take your budget, and double it. Shit will pop up, things might not fit, things WILL happen that you didnt expect, and it will all add up. The last thing you want is to have a useless car sitting there for months on end because you cant afford to finish it off. That shit is fucked! Lol. And worst of all, you'll get sick of it, lose interest, and sell it off unfinished, and no one wants to see that happen!
Now your has done 160,000kms, right? Not a HUGE amount really, but still quite a bit. This means that not only is the engine worn out, but so is every other part of the car. The only part that doesnt wear out all that much is chassis, as long as it hasnt been twisted/bent due to an accident. This means its recommended to replace/refresh everything you can. Check out silbeer.com for a good example! Although obviously not as insane :P

Right, lets get into it!

Engine: So your buying a half-cut? Always a great start. Grab everything you can from it, always useful for spares. If the half cut has less kms then your car (very likely at 160,000kms) then I'd take the brake master cylinder and brake booster to put in your car. Less wear, less chance of breaking. I'd also give the master cylinder a good freshen up with new seals. Other things that you could grab would be panels (better condition to yours, or if you have an accident), horn (some have cool aftermarket horns!) and random other shit.
With the engine itself, I'm guessing you wont be building it before it goes in? It will save you money in the long run, but DEFINATELY blow the budget in the short run. Even so, never a bad idea to throw some fresh bearings into it. What NEEDS to be done is replace every gasket, seal and hose in the engine. Removing the intake manifold and turbo manifolds are a piece of piss when its out of the car, but when its in the car, its a cunt of a thing to do. Save time and more money, and replace them all. Not too expensive from Nissan. Also replace the timing belt, water pump, crank seals, cam seals and spark plugs. Not overly hard inside the car (about 4-6 hours work) but again, much easier while you have it out. Finally, CHANGE EVERY WATER HOSE YOU POSSIBLE CAN WITH THE BEST QUALITY HOSE/LINE YOU CAN AFFORD!!!! This is a biggy. I've replaced every heater hose on an R33 before, as well as a coolant hose under the intake manifold in both a 32 and a 180, and trust me its not something I ever want to do again. My god, I've never been so frustrated before!! AAARRRGGHH!! Replace these all while the engine is out and on the stand to avoid these frustrating (and expensive) times.
Lastly, what are you putting the engine in with? Turbos and intake plenums are easier to install while its out. And trust me, standard turbos are boring :P Something to keep in mind. Also, even a cheap GReddy plenum copy is pretty decent, and cleans up the engine bay a lot more then the ugly standard one.

Drivetrain: Ok, so your talking about clutches. You wont know for sure what clutch you have until its out. And being NA, the chances of the stock clutch holding up are very slim. Even if they put an aftermarket clutch in it, it might not be strong enough for the turbo motor. And if it was, it could be worn out! Who knows how long it'll last until it starts slipping? My advice would be to check the condition of the clutch in the half-cut and if its decent and has enough meat on it, clean it up and use that. Otherwise, the Exedy clutch it pretty good. If you want to impress girls, get the Exedy cos its smoother. If you want to impress the guys and want a REALLY strong clutch good for skids and drifting, maybe track, but not drags, get a twin-plate. I only say this because I have a twin-plate, and people who know what it is (mainly guys) are impressed cos I can actually drive with it! Lol. Girls and the general public just think I cant drive... :( Its also $3k worth, so a bit above your budget :P
Also with the gearbox, pulling it apart for a freshen up isnt a bad idea. Syncros are knows to go on RB25 boxes, so some new syncros and bands would do it well. But arent really overly necessary. New Redline ShockProof oil is though!! Change that out definately.

Diff: I've touched on this before, but I'll do it again. Keep your standard diff housing, but the center is pretty shit. Mine has just started to open wheel when ripping nuts, and yours wouldnt be too far behind. So you have two options; replace or reshim. Replace it with either a Cusco or NISMO two way ($500-1000), which is the better idea. A mechanical diff will skip when turning at low speeds, but its completely handlable, and the drive on the road is insanely better. The next option is reshimming it. Pulling a diff apart is pretty easy, then just add a few $5 shims in to tighten the whole lot up again. Not as good as a replacement centre, but better then nothing! But as with the suspension, throw some Redline Shockproof oil in there either way you choose to go.

Brakes: Ok, so you've just about got this done. One thing you should look into (if you havent already) is some decent racing brake fluid. If you ever track your car, just a few laps will send the brake fluid temperatures through the roof! The last thing you want is for the fluid to boil and lose brakes coming down the back straight of Barbagallo. I've seen a mate do that and lose control around the corner, ALMOST smashing into a barrier along the straight facing the wrong way. Seriously funny shit afterwards, but fucken scary when it was happening!! So change your fluid!!!!
Also, 6-pot Brembos will set you back as much as your entire conversion...

Suspension: I own a car with JDM coilovers, so I know the difference they make, and its phenominal!! However, handling can be made soooo much better. Look into some front and rear strut braces, front and rear sway bars, and especially some camber arms from the rear. When you dump a Skyline, the negative camber is crazy. So fix that up for better handling, grip and tyre wear. Also, replace all your bushes with quality polyuerathane bushes, as the factory rubber ones will be quite worn out by now.

Wheels: Your G-Max wheels look good, but they arent as light or as high quality as they could be. Also, the offset could be a LOT better, and nothing looks better then wheels that sit flush, or almost flush. White car with black wheels? You cant beat that for the ULTIMATE in the JDM Street Fighter-look.

Interior: Dont buy cheap R34 GT-R copy seats, especially when East Bear make them for $500 each! They are exactly the same, come from the same factory, except they have better material. They also use Bride or East Bear rails, so fighting them really isnt that hard. Also, what are you doing with the dash? You may as well fit the GTT dash from the half-cut so you have some room for the gauges. Sorry, but I personally hate gauges sitting on the top of dashes. The wires go everywhere, and its not pretty :( And if you have it there, why not????

Well there you have it! A few things to think about. Projects like this arent cheap, but its sooooo worth it in the long run. I'll be joining you soon with my own car, except its removing it as far away from stock as possible... Lol.

Good luck!!!
RM_Photography
RM_Photography on Facebook

RM_Photography!

Resident supplier of Garret, Sonic Performance, Turbosmart and all Bosch products.
MTQ Engine Systems

Practicality is an unfamiliar concept...

PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES!!
-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
WOOOOO!!! It worked :D :D :D :D :D Lol

Right, its late so I'm going to bed now.
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

Resident supplier of Garret, Sonic Performance, Turbosmart and all Bosch products.
MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

Resident WCC Aerosol Spray Painter

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
  • Car(s):R34 GT Skyline with GTT engine
Wow thanks for all that Rhys lol, i will work on a reply now cos im not as lazy as you :P

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts

Ok, its late but time for that long post I've been promising for a while! Lol.

Firstly, generic. Take your budget, and double it. Shit will pop up, things might not fit, things WILL happen that you didnt expect, and it will all add up. The last thing you want is to have a useless car sitting there for months on end because you cant afford to finish it off. That shit is fucked! Lol. And worst of all, you'll get sick of it, lose interest, and sell it off unfinished, and no one wants to see that happen!
Now your has done 160,000kms, right? Not a HUGE amount really, but still quite a bit. This means that not only is the engine worn out, but so is every other part of the car. The only part that doesnt wear out all that much is chassis, as long as it hasnt been twisted/bent due to an accident. This means its recommended to replace/refresh everything you can. Check out silbeer.com for a good example! Although obviously not as insane

Right, lets get into it!

Engine: So your buying a half-cut? Always a great start. Grab everything you can from it, always useful for spares. If the half cut has less kms then your car (very likely at 160,000kms) then I'd take the brake master cylinder and brake booster to put in your car. Less wear, less chance of breaking. I'd also give the master cylinder a good freshen up with new seals. Other things that you could grab would be panels (better condition to yours, or if you have an accident), horn (some have cool aftermarket horns!) and random other shit.
With the engine itself, I'm guessing you wont be building it before it goes in? It will save you money in the long run, but DEFINATELY blow the budget in the short run. Even so, never a bad idea to throw some fresh bearings into it. What NEEDS to be done is replace every gasket, seal and hose in the engine. Removing the intake manifold and turbo manifolds are a piece of piss when its out of the car, but when its in the car, its a cunt of a thing to do. Save time and more money, and replace them all. Not too expensive from Nissan. Also replace the timing belt, water pump, crank seals, cam seals and spark plugs. Not overly hard inside the car (about 4-6 hours work) but again, much easier while you have it out. Finally, CHANGE EVERY WATER HOSE YOU POSSIBLE CAN WITH THE BEST QUALITY HOSE/LINE YOU CAN AFFORD!!!! This is a biggy. I've replaced every heater hose on an R33 before, as well as a coolant hose under the intake manifold in both a 32 and a 180, and trust me its not something I ever want to do again. My god, I've never been so frustrated before!! AAARRRGGHH!! Replace these all while the engine is out and on the stand to avoid these frustrating (and expensive) times.
Lastly, what are you putting the engine in with? Turbos and intake plenums are easier to install while its out. And trust me, standard turbos are boring. Something to keep in mind. Also, even a cheap GReddy plenum copy is pretty decent, and cleans up the engine bay a lot more then the ugly standard one.

Drivetrain: Ok, so your talking about clutches. You wont know for sure what clutch you have until its out. And being NA, the chances of the stock clutch holding up are very slim. Even if they put an aftermarket clutch in it, it might not be strong enough for the turbo motor. And if it was, it could be worn out! Who knows how long it'll last until it starts slipping? My advice would be to check the condition of the clutch in the half-cut and if its decent and has enough meat on it, clean it up and use that. Otherwise, the Exedy clutch it pretty good. If you want to impress girls, get the Exedy cos its smoother. If you want to impress the guys and want a REALLY strong clutch good for skids and drifting, maybe track, but not drags, get a twin-plate. I only say this because I have a twin-plate, and people who know what it is (mainly guys) are impressed cos I can actually drive with it! Lol. Girls and the general public just think I cant drive... Its also $3k worth, so a bit above your budget :P
Also with the gearbox, pulling it apart for a freshen up isnt a bad idea. Syncros are knows to go on RB25 boxes, so some new syncros and bands would do it well. But arent really overly necessary. New Redline ShockProof oil is though!! Change that out definately.

Diff: I've touched on this before, but I'll do it again. Keep your standard diff housing, but the center is pretty shit. Mine has just started to open wheel when ripping nuts, and yours wouldnt be too far behind. So you have two options; replace or reshim. Replace it with either a Cusco or NISMO two way ($500-1000), which is the better idea. A mechanical diff will skip when turning at low speeds, but its completely handlable, and the drive on the road is insanely better. The next option is reshimming it. Pulling a diff apart is pretty easy, then just add a few $5 shims in to tighten the whole lot up again. Not as good as a replacement centre, but better then nothing! But as with the suspension, throw some Redline Shockproof oil in there either way you choose to go.

Brakes: Ok, so you've just about got this done. One thing you should look into (if you havent already) is some decent racing brake fluid. If you ever track your car, just a few laps will send the brake fluid temperatures through the roof! The last thing you want is for the fluid to boil and lose brakes coming down the back straight of Barbagallo. I've seen a mate do that and lose control around the corner, ALMOST smashing into a barrier along the straight facing the wrong way. Seriously funny shit afterwards, but fucken scary when it was happening!! So change your fluid!!!!
Also, 6-pot Brembos will set you back as much as your entire conversion...

Suspension: I own a car with JDM coilovers, so I know the difference they make, and its phenominal!! However, handling can be made soooo much better. Look into some front and rear strut braces, front and rear sway bars, and especially some camber arms from the rear. When you dump a Skyline, the negative camber is crazy. So fix that up for better handling, grip and tyre wear. Also, replace all your bushes with quality polyuerathane bushes, as the factory rubber ones will be quite worn out by now.

Wheels: Your G-Max wheels look good, but they arent as light or as high quality as they could be. Also, the offset could be a LOT better, and nothing looks better then wheels that sit flush, or almost flush. White car with black wheels? You cant beat that for the ULTIMATE in the JDM Street Fighter-look.

Interior: Dont buy cheap R34 GT-R copy seats, especially when East Bear make them for $500 each! They are exactly the same, come from the same factory, except they have better material. They also use Bride or East Bear rails, so fighting them really isnt that hard. Also, what are you doing with the dash? You may as well fit the GTT dash from the half-cut so you have some room for the gauges. Sorry, but I personally hate gauges sitting on the top of dashes. The wires go everywhere, and its not pretty :( And if you have it there, why not????

Well there you have it! A few things to think about. Projects like this arent cheap, but its sooooo worth it in the long run. I'll be joining you soon with my own car, except its removing it as far away from stock as possible... Lol.

Good luck!!!

Ok, i have always wanted to write a book, but this is probably about as close as i will get :P

I have just about doubled my budget, i decided if i am going to do this then i am going to do it right. So my budget is now 8.5 to 9k. To be honest, $6000 of this is the half cut and labor. But, that makes about $2500 to $3000 my own mods. I could have done it for cheaper, and i could save myself money by buying cheaper parts. But when it comes to cars i believe what you pay is relevant to what you get, and i do not want a cheap build. I have already spent $1555 on FMIC kit, alloy radiator, Walbro 550hp intank fuel pump, Greddy Profec B-Spec II boost controller, Apexi turbo timer, and new Apexi pod filter. As i said earlier in the thread, most of those things were compulsory to the conversion except the turbo timer and pod filter, but i want to start fresh with this engine not use old parts. You bring up a good point with worn bits and pieces, I have thought of this, and i will get to that as i reply to everything you mention.

Ok, now then. I have already increased my budget for this conversion, so i don't want to raise it anymore if i can avoid it. I am yet to see how many kms the half cut has, but im hoping for less than 100xxxkms. Around 80000 would be brilliant, but i will have to wait and see. I agree with the replacing and refreshing of worn parts. The only thing is, i do not want to turn this conversion into too much of a complete rebuild of my car. What i can grab out of the half cut i will, and replace what is advisable to replace. Seeing as the half cut will be completely mine for 4k, i might as well take advantage of that.

You have now put a thought in my head lol, but one i am not sure will work. If i was to purchase the half cut as soon as i can afford it (right now im about $1500 short) then i could do that instead of waiting until i can afford the full conversion and putting down a deposit on it. What i am doing now is waiting until i have about $6000, and then getting KYP to go and get the half cut, they can hold on to it and do the conversion, and i never have to do any transporting of parts, etc. BUT, if i was to purchase the half cut as soon as i could afford to, then i could bring it home straight away and KYP wouldn't have to keep it aside for me. Then i could do all the replacing of gaskets, hoses, everything you mentioned. I could do that all myself and save paying for the extra labor... My dad isn't very much in to me putting money in to a car, but he may be willing to help me 'rebuild' it. I would have to tell him i got it for cheap :P

Now there are a couple of problems i can see arising from that. Firstly, i'm not sure how i would get it home. I would have to organize with my mate to use his ute, and he isn't to reliable with that. Not too mention it may not fit on the back of the ute... I could pay for it to be professionally transported, but then that eats in to my budget. Then there is storage. A half cut would definitely not fit in my garage. So if i were to keep it at mine then it would either have to stay outside with a cover on it (probably not a good idea with winter coming up), or my dad would have to find somewhere else to store his motorbikes and i could put it in my shed. Next thing is that i do not have an engine hoist. So i would have to do everything with it inside the car. My dad has an engine hoist at his airfield for when he rebuilt his glider motor, but that means either taking the half cut all the way to Cundardin, or he would have to bring the hoist to my house, which might work but i don't know if he has a stand. So then it might not work... Can the engine be left hanging on the hoist and worked on that way? I would love to do all this myself though. I hate paying somebody else to do something i can do myself, especially when mechanics are so damn expensive. As far as replacing the turbo and intake plenum go, i would love to. But if i keep increasing my budget then that is how it gets out of hand and before you know it i will have blown $20000. Not what i want to do while im at uni. I think most standard things will satisfy me for awhile, don't forget that i drive an NA car so a standard turbo to me is not boring lol.

Now this car will continue to be my daily, at least for now. Closest it sees to track work is the AHG skidpan. This will probably increase in the future, but for now it is my daily. And on the street i never hammer it. While i have owned it the car has has never lost traction once. So i think the twin-plate clutch is a bit extreme considering (although well done fore driving with one, you have impressed yet another guy :P). If i really, really have to replace the clutch then i will get the one that Isaac mentioned, i am a bit of an expert bargain hunter and im sure i can get one for under $1200 :P While we are on the subject of driveshafts, KYP are still adamant they will replace the diff and driveshaft from the GTT... So i'm not sure how their half cut system works. I'm afraid i know more about engines than i do about gearboxes, so rebuilding that will have to depend on if dad is willing to help. You recommend Redline Shockproof oil, what about Royal Purple? I have heard they are the best... Once again cheaper is better though...

My rear bushes have just been replaced with polyurethane ones, but im not sure if i can afford it for the front ones.

When i said GTR replica seats, East Bear Sigma's are what i was talking about. Isaac's seats just impressed me that much :P But this will have to wait awhile until i can rebuild my bank account :confused: The dash i will definitely be using to my advantage, will use what i can out of that. I have been trying to get hold of a centre gauge pod since i bought my car, so if the half cut comes with that then win! I also want to use the dash cluster from the GTT if it is compatible.

Now i really want to go with that idea of bringing the half cut home, i would love to be able to work on the engine while saving my funds for the swap. I just don't know how it will work though, how the hell am i even meant to get the half cut off the ute? I don't have a forklift lol. And once it is off the ute, then what do i do? If i take the engine and gearbox out, then i probably won't put it back in. Which makes it hard to get everything BACK to KYP when it comes time to do the swap... Ideas?

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
Ok, I'd like to reply to all of that, but I'm half way through swapping spark plugs on a Tribute, so I'll reply to the important issue.
I do like your idea of taking the half cut home, it saves you a lot of money, and most importantly you learn about your engine in the process. It'll fit on the back of a ute no worries, especialy if it was a flat tray without the sides. I'd offer the work ute, but I wont be able to drive it so that's unavailable for the next 3 months :( But If someone can lend you a ute, or even if you hired one, that'd be great. As for moving it around, there are more then one way! Best way would probably be an engine crane, which doesn't cost much to hire for the day. I also noticed Brett hadone in his backyard, so maybe we could borrow that? You'll have to ask him. Once it's home, I'd suggest organising a WCC Rip The Engine Out Day. Everyone comes to yours, you put on a BBQ, and we all rip the fucker out! Easier then doing it by yourself. And it will need to be out to replace everything. Once it's all done, just losely bolt it back into the half cut and transport it back to KYP the same way you moved it from them. Easy! As for winter coming up, as long as water doesn't get into the motor, it shouldn't be a problem, so just cover it with a tarp and through some rags into the intake pipe.

And that's all for now, I'll go over the rest when I get home.
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
WCC Rip the Engine out day sounds awesome lol. I will ask Brett if i can borrow his crane, thing is if what if he needs it back... I can also ask around, see if my friends parents have one i could borrow, i know one of my mates just used one to get his R31 engine out, i think it is his uncles.

Thing is if it is outside then i can not work on it if it is raining... That could lead to it taking a long time to complete.

How much am i looking at with replacing all this stuff... I can see it adding another $1000 dollars to the bill :(

Angr33

Angr33

Porsche 911 Turbo

• Paid Member
  • 113 posts
  • LocationTuart Hill
  • Car(s):'89 A31 Cefiro
lol after reading most of this thread its really got me in the mood to do my conversion lol :P.

Me being competitive, wants a race - for the conversion but that wouldnt seem fair as i have a full time job and a MUCH smaller budget lol :P and i'm literally throwing an engine/gearbox straight in on my own :D and wallah = more powah. I'm probably just gonna put a rb25det in it and bomb the shit out of it, i'm too lazy to do the 25/30 and theres alot more things that could go wrong and gets confusing when it comes to servicing it. PLUS i am sooo familiar with a 25 its not funny, i could service it with my eyes closed (almost) :P

Good luck and keep us updated.

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
Yeah Dani, yours in only a little budget build, and the RB25 is an awesome engine! Plus really easy to install and work on like you said. Doooo it!! Haha. Do the same thing Martin is, get a group of people to rip it all out for you. You know enough mechanical-minded people! Lol. Can't wait to see the Ceffy fly...
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

karbie

karbie

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSOR
  • Car(s):R34 GT-T Skyline

I need to find out what sort of clutch i have, because i don't wanna pay $1200 for a new clutch that might be the same one i already have...

And i would rather replace my pod filter, it is only $100 for a new one and my current one has a binding bolt. Would need to get it cut off and put on the new engine and then it will only be held in place by 3 bolts.

And i know the 33 GTR clutch was light, but i also imagine it would be stronger than 34 GTT clutch. So if mine feels heavier... I know it is a bad basis to go on, but it is the only comparison i have lol

There is a place in Melbourne which I recently came across called Northern Brakes or something and they sell the Heavy Duty Sports Tuff Exedy Clutch's for $800 Brand new with everything included bar the spigot bush which only costs like $20
Why Drink and Drive when you can Drift and Slide.....

Angr33

Angr33

Porsche 911 Turbo

• Paid Member
  • 113 posts
  • LocationTuart Hill
haha Rhys, yes i <3 Rb25's.....with gate :P

Yeh might get it all prepared first with like everything i need. And then get it done over the weekend. Beer supplied by me of course :D

Its not gonna be straight away tho, coz i dont think i can get a kkr480 or gt35/40 for 5 cheeseburgers this time haha. (thats wat i paid for my rb25 turbo)

Oh thats wat i was gonna ask, coz i'm too lazy to research, does an rb20 gearbox fit an rb25?

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
You bought a turbo with 5 cheeseburgers? Damn... I gotta get you to hook me up next time! Lol

Yeah, they bolt straight up. Arent very strong though, but just fit it up and save for a 25 box. When the 20 box blows, you'll be able to afford an upgrade!

Oh yeah, and you know I love gate... Om nom nom nom
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
Does an RB20 gearbox fit a 25 lol, Dani how many times have i complained to you about my RB20 gearbox hahaha. Do not recommend one. They are yuck. So weak!! Mine has done 150xxxkms and its main thrust bearing is worn, 2nd and reverse are starting to go... My mechanic was really surprised because Japanese gearboxes are usually really good, he has never had to replace bearings in one under 200xxxkms.

Lol i contemplated getting people to help me do the swap, but i want it done right and by a professional for resale value of the car... People don't like buying cars with a backyard engine swap.

Isaac thanks for that man, ill check it out.

Angr33

Angr33

Porsche 911 Turbo

• Paid Member
  • 113 posts
  • LocationTuart Hill
Well i'm never selling my Ceffy so i dont have to worry lol :P

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
Hahaha. Yeah, as someone in the industry, you can do better work at home withal bunch of mates then some mechanics will do. It's all to do with the amount of love and attention you put into it. It'll tak you longer, but the result may quite possibly be better!
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
I have no doubt i could do a decent job, as you said, between me and my mates we would be able to work it all out. Thing is when you find you are missing a tool, or something needs welding, mate's can't be bothered working on it, stuff like that just goes wrong and frustrates you and it ends up taking ages or getting sold.

And then there is resale. Would you pay 20k for a car that had an engine swap performed in some guys garage? I know i wouldn't, you never know where he has cut corners or used a quick fix that ended up being permanent. Too risky. While i will not be selling my car for a good couple of years, i do at some stage want to buy a 34 GTR, and i can not see myself doing that while still owning this car. So i need to consider resale.

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA
  • Car(s):RB30DET R32 Gts-t Sedan, Hilux SSR-G Surf 4x4
  • Bike(s):Hyosung GT250-R, My wife...
Dude. You're going to be spending more than $8k.

:bash:

Posted Image

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
Not to get it up and running reliably. To convert it to basically a stock GTT engine is going to cost me approx. $7500.

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA
  • Car(s):RB30DET R32 Gts-t Sedan, Hilux SSR-G Surf 4x4
  • Bike(s):Hyosung GT250-R, My wife...
Okay. If you say so.
Try and get this guy to put it down on paper. See what he says.

Posted Image

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
You mean Ben at KYP? We have put it down on paper

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President