• Paid Member - Donator
  • 900 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia
  • Car(s):1978 C210 Nissan Skyline 2400GT
  • Bike(s):2004 "30 years of BMX" Mongoose Mischief
Alright i got exhaust done today

extractors, 2inch, resonator (hotdog), flow through muffler. $790 installed

Now my problems:

Extractors leaking and making hissing sound under load + fumes in car. = will take back to shop to get rectified
Heat riser, i was told that my car needs a heat riser, to warm up the fuel in the carby before it gets into the engine so it can burn better.
Exhaust shop can't make a heat riser from the extractors.
I can feel the engine surging when I put my foot all the way down, when it didn't before.

Is this something that can be fixed with a tune or will I have to either rig something to heat the fuel or just put back the old exhaust manifold?
I am planning to get carburettor overhauled and the choke pull of fixed which currently is stuck closed, until the heat opens it (which now i'm worrying about cause there's no heat riser so it's going to take longer to open and it's going to drive like crap for longer)

any help appreciated

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
  • Car(s):Changing
Gah that sucks!

=/=/

Duno about carby, I cant even service my own car :sorcerer:

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
  • LocationUnder The Bonnet, Behind The Camera
  • Car(s):1x Giant Fridge, 1x Smaller Freezer
  • Bike(s):Hopefully before January
Bretts the carby expert, so he might be able to give you more info. Him or Allen.
As for the heat riser, it's a series of pipes that take heat off the exhaust and direct it into the carby to warm the fuel, as obviously it's the fuel vapours and not the fuel itself that burns. Don't see why they can't weld a few pipes together for you though?
As for the leak, they should have fixed that when they put the new headers on. I'd take it back and question it, because from the sound of it, it shouldn't be anything maniseal can't fix!
RM_Photography
RM_Photography on Facebook

RM_Photography!

Resident supplier of Garret, Sonic Performance, Turbosmart and all Bosch products.
MTQ Engine Systems

Practicality is an unfamiliar concept...

PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES!!
-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!