• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

• Moderator - Paid Member -Donator
  • 1302 posts
There ya go, wasn't dedicated :P

I heard you say it to one of your team-mates, not the chick, one of the guys.

Tmas_the

Tmas_the

Smart Fourtwo

• Guest Member
  • 6 posts
  • Car(s):R33 gtst
  • Bike(s):Push?
Hey guys, only just hit the computer since the race =]

Big thanks for everybody who organised everything. Even though we had to pull out that first stage was at least good fun!

On the topic of running another, I think I'd be able to round up a few more people next time since I had interest from a few friends. The thing about the mystery time was that (this logic seems to work in my head) there's very little point in trying to do anything quickly, it'd me much more effective to do everything completely averagely, since then you'd be closer to the middle of the bell curve, and thus much more likely to be close to the time somebody else set. Also, my co-pilot didn't think he should be penalised for what he called "superior navigational ability & downright cunning" since we didn't speed but managed to find a route with no traffic lights or intersections.

Anyway, tbh I'm not so interested in winning that any of that actually matters =D

Cheers guys,

Martin that was a nice move parking in front of us while you worked out the clue man.

Oh, and those boots had the significant downfall of being impossible to drive in.

1via

1via

Got Silvia?

• 1101 posts
  • LocationMaylands
  • Car(s):Mitsubishi Legnum
well i wasn't going to take my shirt off everyone lol
Ten Four to Socrates: (26 December 2010 - 11:09 PM)
my hair contains no gel or wax. purely how I wake up.
yours on the other hand, is curly like pubes, EVERYWHERE

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

Resident WCC Aerosol Spray Painter

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
  • Car(s):R34 GT Skyline with GTT engine
Lol sorry bloke, had to do it, i saw you guys getting ready to leave :P Then pulled off and had no idea where we were going lol, in the end that worked to our advantage.

The thing with the mystery time, you have no idea what the mystery time is. You can't say it is going to be a bell curve, because you don't know how fast they completed everything or how fast the routes were that they took. The bell curve only works if you have something to average, seeing as the mystery time was how long Bretto and Tritty took to complete everything, there is no bell curve just a straight line. There is absolutely no way you can attempt to work out the mystery time because there are too many variables. Traffic could have been different, they could have taken different routes, they could have taken a different amount of time to complete the tasks, they could have got stuck behind an oversize truck, they could have done the activities a different way... Too many things to take into consideration to even try to guess what time they got, it's impossible. Which is why it evens out the playing field. You have no idea whether you should drive faster or slower or run harder or slower in the activities, and in the end that added to the fun, it was anyone's game right to the very end.

Tmas_the

Tmas_the

Smart Fourtwo

• Guest Member
  • 6 posts
Hmmm, yeah I guess that is entirely true. All they teach you in uni is that "if there are people, there is ALWAYS A BELL CURVE" though see? I think the upshot is the same though, and that's that you really can't hope to win purely be going quickly.

Don't stress man, I appreciated the humour, and it gave us time to work out a route. Also, didn't you guys seem to go in the opposite direction as we did for a while?

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
Lol yeh we went south bound on the freeway for quite awhile. City Beach via Riverside drive? We were half way to the 3rd checkpoint before we turned around! lol

Tmas_the

Tmas_the

Smart Fourtwo

• Guest Member
  • 6 posts
Hahaha, alternative routes? I was lost for the entire time I was driving, just had to trust my navigator knew more than I did.

Tritty

Tritty

• Secretary
  • 750 posts
  • LocationKenwick WA
  • Car(s):R32 GTR, HB Torana SL Series 2 (Project), GQ Patrol

If there's enough team's perhaps...

- A couple of prizes to the overall fastest teams
- A couple of prizes to the teams to finish challenges the quickest
- Best Dressed Prize
- 2nd last prize (to avoid purposly losing)

This would mean doing an overall timing aswell as timing each individual challenge.

And next time may I suggest nothing that gets teams too wet and/or too dirty (ie the beach). Jess and I almost both wore our ~$250 pairs of shoes. They are NOT going anywhere near the water! :P
Not to mention people in car clubs generally like to keep their cars clean :)

Besides task #1 it was a good race/rally! More teams involved and therefore more teams cruising together towards challenges would be great.

no worries, I will notify of anything that involves a little grit next time. The shoe thing wasnt really necessary, Brett and I never used our shoes to do it, we used his shirt. I will make sure teams wear appropriate clothing and bring possible spare clothes if needed.

Hopefully the next one attracts more entrants, I guess it is a matter of breaking the ice and once the word spreads it should grow.

Its the little things in life that count.

Tritty

Tritty

• Secretary
  • 750 posts
  • LocationKenwick WA

If you were dedicated you would put it in your mouth, then spit it out...

That sounds familiar, who else have i said that too? :teehee:

ROFL!!! your fn funny!

Tritty

Tritty

• Secretary
  • 750 posts
  • LocationKenwick WA
I still think the next one will have to include a place for the team who completes the tasks the quickest as there was some awsome eforts put into them and they should be rewarded.
the mystery time will stand as a means of placing 1st 2nd etc.

1via

1via

Got Silvia?

• 1101 posts
  • LocationMaylands
lachlan doesn't really have shirts that he'd wanna put in salt water so there was no way he was gonna get that on off. and me well everyone would see me in my bra haha.

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
You could have worn Lachlan's shirt while you used yours :sorcerer:

Tritty

Tritty

• Secretary
  • 750 posts
  • LocationKenwick WA
wow, he really is a metro.... Most guys I know dont give a F about their clothes and if they are anything like brett, which I think most are, their new $100 jeans get worn the very next day while out working on some greasy fkn car and are then ruined. (If you cant tell this Pees me off some what)

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA
  • Car(s):RB30DET R32 Gts-t Sedan, Hilux SSR-G Surf 4x4
  • Bike(s):Hyosung GT250-R, My wife...
OWNED!

Posted Image

1via

1via

Got Silvia?

• 1101 posts
  • LocationMaylands
nah he isn't a metro he just likes awesome shoes and has shirts that he likes to keep looking nice i guess, so then he can wear it more. like his epw shirts.

if i stay over and i wear one of his shirts to bed he will go through them all to find one that ic an wear co he doesn't want me wearing his fave ones lol

my clothes on the other hand get thrown on the floor haaha

Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio

• 1302 posts
That shirt has to last me another 3 years at least! :P

1via

1via

Got Silvia?

• 1101 posts
  • LocationMaylands
errr lachlan

V8EATER

V8EATER

The fearless leader thats born to cruise...

• President
  • 2551 posts
  • LocationMiles in front of you....
  • Car(s):R32 GTS4 4 Door with RB26DETT, R32 GTS-T Coupe Drift Pig, HJ Prem Wgn, 1947 Holden Pontiac Silver Streak
  • Bike(s):None. Stick em up your ass! Im jinxed riding them.

nah he isn't a metro he just likes awesome shoes and has shirts that he likes to keep looking nice i guess, so then he can wear it more. like his epw shirts.

if i stay over and i wear one of his shirts to bed he will go through them all to find one that i can wear coz he doesn't want me wearing his fave ones lol

Do you have balls Lachlan? Im beginning to think your part girl.

Posted Image
Go Hard Or Fuck Off Home. Kick Ass, Take No Prisoners!!!

All donations to West Coast Cruisers is very much appreciated