137 replies to this topic

Tritty

Tritty

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

• Secretary
  • 750 posts
  • LocationKenwick WA
  • Car(s):R32 GTR, HB Torana SL Series 2 (Project), GQ Patrol
Its official, the date has been set and the first Amazing Race themed cruise is in motion.

DATE: 28th February 2010 - Sunday
START TIME: Entries - 8am Event starts - 9am
MEET POINT: Lake Monger Reserve Car Park
ENTRY FEE: $10 per team - Total entry fees will be divided up into cash prizes for 1st and 2nd place and depending on numbers and funds also 3rd and last place.
NOMINATIONS CLOSE: 18th February 2010 EXTENDED TO 22nd Feb 2010 - Attached File  Amazing Race Themed Cruise.pdf   112.16KB   10 downloads Word Doc For Editing and Emailing >>
Attached File  Amazing Race Themed Cruise.doc   37.5KB   6 downloads

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
1) A team - Minimum of 2, maximum of 4 people per team.
2) Pen and note pad
3) comfortable shoes and clothig, Sun protection depending on the weather.
4) A street directory may be useful
5) A packed lunch and snacks or $$ for lunch.
6) Bring bottled water or something to drink as some of the challenges are physical.
7) Some spare change for Parking will be required if you want the advantage of not driving in circles trying to find a free park.
8) A full tank of fuel
9) A chair or a rug to sit on at the Finish.
10) Atleast 1 mobile phone per team.

BEST DRESSED: There will be a bonus prize for the best dressed team. This could be co-ordinated with your team name, for example; If your team name is 'The Superheroes', you could all each dress as your favourite superhero. or 'Boys in Blue' you could dress as cops etc etc. Have a bit of fun with this. Maybe your name could be 'The Borats' and you can all wear Mankinis. lol :naughty:

GENERAL INFO:
Similar to the TV show the Amazing Race, the amazing race themed cruise is a competition, NOT A ROAD RACE!!! Road rules are to be obeyed and legs will be timed, teams times will be recorded between legs and if you are found to be speeding you WILL be eliminated.
There is no set course, only set destinations/checkpoints for challenges and clues. You must find your own way to each destination/checkpoint.
There will be tasks that will need to be completed in order for you to recieve your next clue.
The event is likely to take the majority of the day.
Teams must fill out the nomination form and sign the disclaimer and post to the address supplied on the form by the closing date so that the event can be organised around definate numbers.
This event is about having FUN, the prizes are just a bonus!

More info will be posted if and when I think of it, Im sure I have probably forgotten to write something.

Mark your calendars and start organising a team!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have :thumbsup:

Its the little things in life that count.

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

Resident WCC Aerosol Spray Painter

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
  • Car(s):R34 GT Skyline with GTT engine
So in :D

Just one question, how are you going to control speeding? You said times will be recorded between legs, but if we are finding our own route then how will you know if anyone has been speeding when one route could be faster than another?

Also, are GPS's allowed? I think it would be more fun if it was strictly no GPS's...

Anyway, can't wait for this, gonna be so much fun :D

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA
  • Car(s):RB30DET R32 Gts-t Sedan, Hilux SSR-G Surf 4x4
  • Bike(s):Hyosung GT250-R, My wife...
I will be running the sections prior to the race remaining within the speed limits.
Then I will be performing all of the tasks.

I'll take account of the time needed to perform each leg and task then work out the average.
The person closest to my time will be the winner.

If you speed then you'll more than likely lose by being too quick to accomplish the overall race.

Posted Image

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
But what if you are just really good at some of the tasks so you finish quicker?

Tritty

Tritty

• Secretary
  • 750 posts
  • LocationKenwick WA
Lol We will figure it out. There will obviously be allowances but the destinations have fairly basic and obvious routs, Basically if it takes us 30minutes on a fairly straight run without too much traffic problems and someone on the day completes that leg in 18minutes then it would be fairly obvious they would be speeding.
This is the first event like this so we will probably still come across some bugs but atleast we will know for the next one. :thumbsup:

Tritty

Tritty

• Secretary
  • 750 posts
  • LocationKenwick WA
Trying to get the same as a mystery time would be a good idea though, it would take the need for speed out of it. Sort of makes it a bit like a lucky dip so to speak and evens out the playing field.

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
That is true ^^

Well im looking forward to it in any case, when can we sign up?

Well done for organising it as well, will be great to try out the new idea =]

Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio

• Moderator - Paid Member -Donator
  • 1302 posts
Sweet! Sounds like our own little Bullrun.

Pity Jess and I will be working. Might see if I can get the morning off.

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA
  • Car(s):RB30DET R32 Gts-t Sedan, Hilux SSR-G Surf 4x4
  • Bike(s):Hyosung GT250-R, My wife...
Yo Maz, is there an issue running this on a Sunday? Just thinking there may be a few people who work Saturdays.

Posted Image

Tritty

Tritty

• Secretary
  • 750 posts
  • LocationKenwick WA
Well there isnt any reason is cant run on a sunday except that the second challenge requires a place with a lot of people. and that is all I will say here, probably said too much. :whistling:

1via

1via

Got Silvia?

• 1101 posts
  • LocationMaylands
  • Car(s):Mitsubishi Legnum
lachlan says sundays are all good in the hood

and same with me. coz i work sat morn and sat night
Ten Four to Socrates: (26 December 2010 - 11:09 PM)
my hair contains no gel or wax. purely how I wake up.
yours on the other hand, is curly like pubes, EVERYWHERE

REAPER

REAPER

• 1250 posts
  • Locationunder ur bed
  • Car(s):aristo pimp mobile (VIP)
  • Bike(s):ur mum
im in like flynn got my team and bringing the 380 out as its more comfprtable for 4 of us if there is no speed involved plus is allen in this event as someone who knows the route and the task's thats abit unfair
Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me. An alcoholic is someone you don't like who drinks as much as you do. Don't drink and drive, you might hit a bump and spill your drink. You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on. Stay busy, get plenty of exercise, and don't drink too much. Then again, don't drink too little. Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time. One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time. A meal without wine is like a day without sunshine, except that on a day without sunshine you can still get drunk. I stopped drinking, but only when I sleep. This is one of the disadvantages of wine: it makes a man mistake words for thought. Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic's best friend !!!! When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading. I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they always worked for me. The consumption of alcohol may cause pregnancy. A man who exposes himself when he is intoxicated, has not the art of getting drunk. A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory. I drink to forget I drink. Alcohol is necessary for a man so that he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed be the facts. Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water. The whole world is about three drinks behind. I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Tritty

Tritty

• Secretary
  • 750 posts
  • LocationKenwick WA
Im almost finished making the Entry forms etc so should have them up tonight or tomorrow.
The date may be moved to the 28th Feb, this will be decided within the next day.

This event will probably be posted on SAUWA, it is an open cruise so if you have mates that might want to take part in their own teams their more than welcome. I will see how much interest I get before posting on SAUWA as I dont really want a million teams, but enough to make is really interesting. If we get a fair few teams I may even have a prize pool for 4th and 5th places. Will just have to see how many teams we get. :rolleyes:

Tritty

Tritty

• Secretary
  • 750 posts
  • LocationKenwick WA
ok based on that we will make it the Sunday. :thumbsup: A slight change in challenge venue wont matter since ther is no real map to follow.

Tritty

Tritty

• Secretary
  • 750 posts
  • LocationKenwick WA
No.. Allen, Brett and Myself will be stationed at checkpoints. You will need to find us at each checkpoint to recieve your task information. Once your task is completed satisfactorily we will hand you the next clue which will help you find the next checkpoint.

1via

1via

Got Silvia?

• 1101 posts
  • LocationMaylands
  • Car(s):Mitsubishi Legnum
sounds really cool :)
Ten Four to Socrates: (26 December 2010 - 11:09 PM)
my hair contains no gel or wax. purely how I wake up.
yours on the other hand, is curly like pubes, EVERYWHERE

Tritty

Tritty

• Secretary
  • 750 posts
  • LocationKenwick WA
Nomination Forms are now up. See link at the top. :cheers:

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
I have a feeling this is going to be really big lol

REAPER

REAPER

• 1250 posts
  • Locationunder ur bed
  • Car(s):aristo pimp mobile (VIP)
  • Bike(s):ur mum
this is going to be freaking awesome
Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me. An alcoholic is someone you don't like who drinks as much as you do. Don't drink and drive, you might hit a bump and spill your drink. You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on. Stay busy, get plenty of exercise, and don't drink too much. Then again, don't drink too little. Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time. One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time. A meal without wine is like a day without sunshine, except that on a day without sunshine you can still get drunk. I stopped drinking, but only when I sleep. This is one of the disadvantages of wine: it makes a man mistake words for thought. Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic's best friend !!!! When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading. I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they always worked for me. The consumption of alcohol may cause pregnancy. A man who exposes himself when he is intoxicated, has not the art of getting drunk. A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory. I drink to forget I drink. Alcohol is necessary for a man so that he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed be the facts. Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water. The whole world is about three drinks behind. I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

V8EATER

V8EATER

The fearless leader thats born to cruise...

• President
  • 2551 posts
  • LocationMiles in front of you....
  • Car(s):R32 GTS4 4 Door with RB26DETT, R32 GTS-T Coupe Drift Pig, HJ Prem Wgn, 1947 Holden Pontiac Silver Streak
  • Bike(s):None. Stick em up your ass! Im jinxed riding them.
Coolies sounds like everyone is going to really enjoy this one.

Posted Image
Go Hard Or Fuck Off Home. Kick Ass, Take No Prisoners!!!

All donations to West Coast Cruisers is very much appreciated