NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
  • LocationUnder The Bonnet, Behind The Camera
  • Car(s):1x Giant Fridge, 1x Smaller Freezer
  • Bike(s):Hopefully before January
Ouch! Any damage to the head or pistons?
RM_Photography
RM_Photography on Facebook

RM_Photography!

Resident supplier of Garret, Sonic Performance, Turbosmart and all Bosch products.
MTQ Engine Systems

Practicality is an unfamiliar concept...

PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES!!
-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Nak

Nak

Renee: "Is That Bad?!" lol

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 993 posts
  • LocationMt Nasura
  • Car(s):1995 S1.5 GTS-T skyrine(SOLD) 1991 BNR32 GT-R
ouchies fubared
To Be Old And Wise You Must First Be Young And Stupid

Tritty

Tritty

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

• Secretary
  • 750 posts
  • LocationKenwick WA
  • Car(s):R32 GTR, HB Torana SL Series 2 (Project), GQ Patrol
Well as far as getting another engine, it is always a risky thing to do, however, Brett bought a front cut from S.A. Cant remember how much it was, think it was about 7k... anyway I was a bit worried about it, but look at what he ended up with. Sometimes the gamble pays off in the end. Just do the research on where ever you are getting your engine/front cut from, check out their return policy or guarantee/warranty. I think I would personally go with a front cut rather than just a motor. They usually are not imported unless they are worth the effort.

Good guess Brett.

Its the little things in life that count.

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA
  • Car(s):RB30DET R32 Gts-t Sedan, Hilux SSR-G Surf 4x4
  • Bike(s):Hyosung GT250-R, My wife...
Looks like the head is fucked because of the piston smashing against it. The piston will be fucked because of the damage to the gudgeon. Once we have another donk to drop in, we'll be pulling the engine down and giving the piston, rod, and gudgeon to Renae for a paperweight and memento.
On a side note, every cylinder is caked with carbon to the point where it was ridiculous. The oil was worse than 10 year old diesel oil and I don't have much hope for the engine without a full rebuild which will cost more than dropping another one in, so I've advised Renae to look for another.
This car has been neglected in a bad way as we found a lot of damage to the underbody, and chassis rails while under the car. The peanuts who worked on the car had left a LOT of nuts and bolts loose on the car. The rear dump pipe was being held on by the front pipe only. Whoever installed the turbos forgot to tighten up the nuts for the pipe and a all were missing apart from 3 that were only being held on with a half turn and exhaust rust. The air conditioning compressor was minus one of the retaining bolts. This is just a couple of examples of what we found on the car.
We will set it right.

Posted Image

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
  • LocationUnder The Bonnet, Behind The Camera
  • Car(s):1x Giant Fridge, 1x Smaller Freezer
  • Bike(s):Hopefully before January
Fucking hell... I've seen bunkies looked after better then that! Thank god it's come to someone who knows how to look after it.
RM_Photography
RM_Photography on Facebook

RM_Photography!

Resident supplier of Garret, Sonic Performance, Turbosmart and all Bosch products.
MTQ Engine Systems

Practicality is an unfamiliar concept...

PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES!!
-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Mally

Mally

• Paid Member
  • 512 posts
  • Locationmalaga area
  • Car(s):76 statesman, 09 colt
Fuck sake. Why do people have no concern with what there doing when working on what is basically a dangerous tool that can kill eople if something goes wrong

Tritty

Tritty

• Secretary
  • 750 posts
  • LocationKenwick WA
  • Car(s):R32 GTR, HB Torana SL Series 2 (Project), GQ Patrol

Fuck sake. Why do people have no concern with what there doing when working on what is basically a dangerous tool that can kill eople if something goes wrong

Agree. Things should not be done half arse when it comes to cars. I think the majority of people do leave things until they become urgently needing attention though, eg tyres, brakes, etc (Im guilty of that) but leaving bolts missing or loose is just plain lazy and ignorant.
Its the little things in life that count.

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
  • Car(s):Changing

Looks like the head is fucked because of the piston smashing against it. The piston will be fucked becuase of the damage to the gudgeon. Once we have another donk to drop in, we'll be pulling the engine down and givin the piston, rod, and gudgeon to Renae for a paperweight and memento.
On a side note, every cylinder is caked with carbon to the point where it was ridiculous. The oil was worse than 10 year old diesel oil and I don't have much hope for the engine without a full rebuild which will cost more than dropping another one in, so I've advised Renae to look for another.
This car has been neglected in a bad way as we found a lost of damage to the underbody, and chassis rails while under the car. The peanuts who worked on the car had left a LOT of nuts and bolts loose on the car. The rear dump pipe was being held on by the front pipe only. Whoever installed the turbos forgot to tighten up the nuts for the pipe and a all were missing apart from 3 that were only being held on with a half turn and exhaust rust. The air conditioning compressor was minus one of the retaining bolts. This is just a couple of examples of what we found on the car.
We will set it right.

Christ, Stormtrooper had ALL his work done at X-Speed, including turbo upgrade....

Nay Nay

Nay Nay

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 83 posts
  • LocationArmadale
  • Car(s):1989 BNR32 GTR
but im thankful for the engine going in a way cause think if it didnt we would have found All the loose bolts and shit and damage to the underneath of the car i was so pissed when brett and allen told me that you at least im going to look after and not abuse her like she has been

Nak

Nak

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 993 posts
  • LocationMt Nasura

Christ, Stormtrooper had ALL his work done at X-Speed, including turbo upgrade....

what about services and he did have the exhaust redone through a claim that the council fucked up his driveway entry which in turn caused him to scrape a hole through the cat and main pipe from cat back so someone had to have done the exhaust then which means they only did it half arsed

Nay Nay

Nay Nay

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 83 posts
  • LocationArmadale
:)

V8EATER

V8EATER

The fearless leader thats born to cruise...

• President
  • 2551 posts
  • LocationMiles in front of you....
  • Car(s):R32 GTS4 4 Door with RB26DETT, R32 GTS-T Coupe Drift Pig, HJ Prem Wgn, 1947 Holden Pontiac Silver Streak
  • Bike(s):None. Stick em up your ass! Im jinxed riding them.
Who ever worked on this car was ruff as guts. Litually once i got straight under the car to undo the front pipes, i was gobbed smacked by how they left the dump pipes. You could get the dump pipes and move them away from the turbo, they were that tight. Absolutely shocking. I would never trust any pro shop to fix my car. Their shonky as. And when it comes to tuning my car, i will be doing it myself coz if it goes bang, its my fault and no one else's.

My front cut cost me $6500 from Japaness Motorsport in SA. Frieght on top. I would not hessitate to get anything else from their. The stuff they have is really good. Proof is my engine. Yes i had to take a gamble getting it but yep it was well worth it.

I am going to have a look around for you Renee and see what we can find for you. I wana see this baby back on the road again in propper form.

Posted Image
Go Hard Or Fuck Off Home. Kick Ass, Take No Prisoners!!!

All donations to West Coast Cruisers is very much appreciated

V8EATER

V8EATER

The fearless leader thats born to cruise...

• President
  • 2551 posts
  • LocationMiles in front of you....
  • Car(s):R32 GTS4 4 Door with RB26DETT, R32 GTS-T Coupe Drift Pig, HJ Prem Wgn, 1947 Holden Pontiac Silver Streak
  • Bike(s):None. Stick em up your ass! Im jinxed riding them.

The answer is that they simply just don't care.

Posted Image
Go Hard Or Fuck Off Home. Kick Ass, Take No Prisoners!!!

All donations to West Coast Cruisers is very much appreciated

Nay Nay

Nay Nay

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 83 posts
  • LocationArmadale
Thanks soo much brett.... if it wasnt for yourself and allen finding these issues i could have got her fixed and something bigger and alot worse could of happened i so grateful for your help :)

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA

That's car number 5 that I have worked on that came from X-Speed that's had sub-standard work.

Now you all know why I recommend C-Red to everyone who asks, and steer you away from XS.

Fucking atrocious.

Posted Image

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
  • Car(s):Changing

That's car number 5 that I have worked on that came from X-Speed that's had sub-standard work.

Now you all know why I recommend C-Red to everyone who asks, and steer you away from XS.

Fucking atrocious.

Was my 33GTR part of the count?

Yeah, I'm a loyal Hyperdrive customer when/if I get another datsun.

Nak

Nak

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 993 posts
  • LocationMt Nasura
yeah nah the amount of things that were not done up properly and was left half done or clearly looked like whom ever was working on it did not give two shits. I kid you not Allen and Brett were both very disturbed/disgusted on how this was left

Char

Char

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 766 posts
  • Car(s):R32 ca18de conversion
lol gudgeon pin? what did u take off the sump and find parts of it in there? if so can compare, i will take a pic of mine which is in about 7-10 pieces :P

"something under piston 4 is making noise" to quote the other mechanic you took the car too! fuking great job mate!

Gudgeon pin, means its likely ur conrod was spinning free and taking fkn chunks out of the block, crankshaft likely also fukd.
that motor will be good for fish food.
keen for the crankshaft if its some-what salvagable!

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA
We'll be pulling it down as soon as Renae sources another engine.

Then we'll post up some piccies for shits and giggles.

Posted Image