Photo

Members Cruise + Joining Day

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

V8EATER

V8EATER

The fearless leader thats born to cruise...

• President
  • 2551 posts
  • LocationMiles in front of you....
  • Car(s):R32 GTS4 4 Door with RB26DETT, R32 GTS-T Coupe Drift Pig, HJ Prem Wgn, 1947 Holden Pontiac Silver Streak
  • Bike(s):None. Stick em up your ass! Im jinxed riding them.
Exactly

Posted Image
Go Hard Or Fuck Off Home. Kick Ass, Take No Prisoners!!!

All donations to West Coast Cruisers is very much appreciated

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
  • Car(s):Changing
Guys I got done at 140-149 bracket.
Was it a 110 stretch?
What is the impound speed?
What is the demeritt points I get
And lastly, what is the fine?

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
  • LocationUnder The Bonnet, Behind The Camera
  • Car(s):1x Giant Fridge, 1x Smaller Freezer
  • Bike(s):Hopefully before January
1. You better hope it was
2. 45km/h over is impound
3. If it was a 110 zone, you'd lose 5 points and $700. If it was 100km/h, then expect a knock at the door from Mr Policeman, you're car impounded, $1000 + court fees, 6 months suspension and resitting both computer and practical tests to get your license back.
4. Slow the fuck down. Stupid speeds dont seem to worry you, but it worries me. Not sure how long you'll be with us if you keep it up...
RM_Photography
RM_Photography on Facebook

RM_Photography!

Resident supplier of Garret, Sonic Performance, Turbosmart and all Bosch products.
MTQ Engine Systems

Practicality is an unfamiliar concept...

PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES!!
-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Bandit

Bandit

Hillman Hunter

• Guest Member
  • 24 posts
  • LocationPerth
  • Car(s):EL Futura Wagon, KE55 Corolla Hardtop
  • Bike(s):Malvern Star MTB
Oh FFS how did I not see this?? I been wanting a lil drive out to York for a couple weeks now. I really must log in more often!

Posted Image
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PM ME FOR SECURITY INSTALLATIONS/ADVICE

Tritty

Tritty

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

• Secretary
  • 750 posts
  • LocationKenwick WA
  • Car(s):R32 GTR, HB Torana SL Series 2 (Project), GQ Patrol

Guys I got done at 140-149 bracket.
Was it a 110 stretch?
What is the impound speed?
What is the demeritt points I get
And lastly, what is the fine?

It was a 110km/h zone. have no idea about the rest. I really hope it isnt too bad. :confused:
On another note, I had an awesome time today. Thanks for coming guys/gals, and was great to have some new members come and join. We all managed to stay fairly dry too which was a bonus, I rather enjoy driving in the rain. Lunch at the Castle Hotel was soooooooo yummy, Will have to go back there again I reckon.
Perfect cruise in my opinion, but I mapped it so Im a tad biased. :naughty:

Its the little things in life that count.

Mally

Mally

• Paid Member
  • 512 posts
  • Locationmalaga area
  • Car(s):76 statesman, 09 colt
ill second the perfect cruise... good to meet you's

Tritty

Tritty

• Secretary
  • 750 posts
  • LocationKenwick WA
Great to have you come along Mally. Love the car! Makes me wish I had some spare cash to get my HB Torana project happening. She is going to be as stock as I can keep her, Brett turned the motor over probably a month ago and it runs sweet as sugar! I bet it had Brett thinking about his babies in the back yard too.

Im soooooooooo hopeless with names, sorry, your wife mentioned that (I think it was you) or a family member works as a spray painter teacher at tafe and that you got the students to paint your car. That sounds like it would be a cheap option, do you know if they take anyones cars? and what the approximate cost would be?

Mally

Mally

• Paid Member
  • 512 posts
  • Locationmalaga area
  • Car(s):76 statesman, 09 colt
That would have been Suz (she not my wife, she my bestie) and yup my dad got it done at the tafe.

the cost is for material only. but dont expect the same finish as i got. (dad made sure i got the best students) they also dont touch rust. you will have to get that done else where. (you should get the panel work done by others aswell)

and you HAVE to get the oldies out :)

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA
  • Car(s):RB30DET R32 Gts-t Sedan, Hilux SSR-G Surf 4x4
  • Bike(s):Hyosung GT250-R, My wife...
I've noticed that a few people are ragging on James for what he did.

1: Who here hasn't done 145km/h? If anyone here says that they haven't then I call bullshit.

2: How many people have lost their licenses due to accumulation of points? I can point the finger here. I have personally seen another here ragging him in a drag race with another member easily topping 180km/h on Tonkin.

3: When James was pegged he was on an open stretch of road with clear visibilty and no corners on an overtaking lane with no other cars around. The condition of the road was dry. Didn't you see the reference to the 33 behind him locking up his brakes in a cloud of smoke? That wouldn't have happened in the wet. He wasn't driving consistently in this manner, only the occasional squirt when it was safe to do so.

4: The majority of the people on this cruise were opening up on the odd occasion. If you're going to rag him, then do that to everyone on the cruise.

5: James is stressing enough over this and doesn't need hypocrites giving him shit about what he did, he knows what he did and was just unlucky. He's learned a lesson from this and the last thing he needs is people riding him over it.

145 in a 110 zone is a big fine, but no loss of license or car.

Posted Image

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA

Im soooooooooo hopeless with names, sorry, your wife mentioned that (I think it was you) or a family member works as a spray painter teacher at tafe and that you got the students to paint your car. That sounds like it would be a cheap option, do you know if they take anyones cars? and what the approximate cost would be?[/color]

* Points to Heatseeker*

Posted Image

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

Resident WCC Aerosol Spray Painter

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
  • Car(s):R34 GT Skyline with GTT engine

I've noticed that a few people are ragging on James for what he did.

1: Who here hasn't done 145km/h? If anyone here says that they haven't then I call bullshit.

2: How many people have lost their licenses due to accumulation of points? I can point the finger here. I have personally seen another here ragging him in a drag race with another member easily topping 180km/h on Tonkin.

3: When James was pegged he was on an open stretch of road with clear visibilty and no corners on an overtaking lane with no other cars around. The condition of the road was dry. Didn't you see the reference to the 33 behind him locking up his brakes in a cloud of smoke? That wouldn't have happened in the wet. He wasn't driving consistently in this manner, only the occasional squirt when it was safe to do so.

4: The majority of the people on this cruise were opening up on the odd occasion. If you're going to rag him, then do that to everyone on the cruise.

5: James is stressing enough over this and doesn't need hypocrites giving him shit about what he did, he knows what he did and was just unlucky. He's learned a lesson from this and the last thing he needs is people riding him over it.

145 in a 110 zone is a big fine, but no loss of license or car.

Only done it once, James was actually in the car with me, was on that SAUWA cruise last year. Since then I have been busted doing 88kms in a 50 zone in pouring rain (albeit at 1am on a dead straight road out in the middle of no where), so I've definitely been stupid in my car. Haven't broke the speed limit since then though, not intentionally anyway. Also never lost my license, luckily I got that $700 fine to wake me up before I really got into any serious trouble.

Overall, definitely agree with you, nobody should be ragging on James. So James, if you took any of my comments as criticism or if I offended you, then I do apologize, I didn't mean any of my comments like that. I have just lost enough friends in car accidents because they were going stupid speeds, don't need to lose another one. Revenue raising as it is, get slapped with a big enough fine and you do stop speeding. Fingers crossed you get lucky mate, hopefully you had slowed down from 160 before they got you.

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
It was aimed pretty much directly at me, Martin.

I still stand by what I said though.
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

Resident supplier of Garret, Sonic Performance, Turbosmart and all Bosch products.
MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA

It was aimed pretty much directly at me, Martin.

Wrong.

Posted Image

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
Thanks Allen.

As to point 5, yes I am constantly worrying about it.
Haven't touched the M3 since that day and I won't unless someone comes around to look at it.
I'll stick to the freelander.

I just hope I keep my license as I was indeed slowing down and it may have taken my speed earlier. If I do keep my license, I'm buying a slow safe car and just making it comfy.

Tritty

Tritty

• Secretary
  • 750 posts
  • LocationKenwick WA
no need to buy a ford festiva James, just invest in a camera detector or something. :thumbsup:

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
I can't trust myself atm unless I'm in something that physically can't do it or is so dangerous that my mind is forcing me to stop. Better that way.

LOL, just noticed my member title...

Tritty

Tritty

• Secretary
  • 750 posts
  • LocationKenwick WA

That would have been Suz (she not my wife, she my bestie) and yup my dad got it done at the tafe.

the cost is for material only. but dont expect the same finish as i got. (dad made sure i got the best students) they also dont touch rust. you will have to get that done else where. (you should get the panel work done by others aswell)

and you HAVE to get the oldies out :)

oooops my bad, I know I should never assume things. :rolleyes:
I want it to be the origional paint or as close to it so I imagine it is a flat pastel blue but not sure what the name of it is, I dont think it would be too hard a paint to spray, type wise.
There isnt much rust and the pannels are all good. I would like it sandblasted and done properly though. I really only want to do it once, well atleast dont want to have to paint it again for a long long time.

Is heatseaker a painter?
I should probably get some sandblasting quotes first anyway since that is the first step.

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA

LOL, just noticed my member title...

I thought it suited you :whistling:

Is heatseaker a painter?

I just checked his post, nup.

Panel Beating and Fibreglass repairs - West Coast Cruisers

Posted Image

Char

Char

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 766 posts
  • Car(s):R32 ca18de conversion
i havent done 145kph..

in 6 months :naughty:

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
I've had my 33 for over a year, got 1 small speeding fine. Everyone said I'd lose my license instantly cos it was so powerful.
In my NA 33 I lost 11 points in just over a year, and I'm pretty sure even my 1.6L 323 can do 145km/h.

Point is, it's the driver NOT the car that's responsible. Slower cars will force you to push them harder, imo.
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!