• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

Resident WCC Aerosol Spray Painter

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
  • Car(s):R34 GT Skyline with GTT engine
What an absolute fucking joke. RAC are the most pathetic fucking company I have ever dealt with, I will never deal with them again. Cunts.

I pulled over on Gnangara Rd, just before Beechborough Rd, after trying a couple of times to see if i could drive home. Decided no way, too dangerous, gonna have to get towed. So i called RAC, and my membership had expired which wasn't really a problem, i just paid for the renewal of my membership. And then the chick goes "we will also have to charge you an extra $100 because you are outside our call-out zone". I was like WTF, how can this be outside the call-out zone, I'm like 5kms from Ellenbrook. But anyway, decided i didn't really have a choice, so i paid the fee. Then i sit in the car for 20 minutes waiting for the guy to arrive.

Finally the guy arrives, spends 5 minutes looking around the car, tries to shake one of the front wheels, and then goes "Sounds like you've thrown a balance weight off, you should be right to drive home". I was like "nah mate, that's not gonna cause what it is doing. I would feel more comfortable if you called a tow truck". So he goes "well that costs us money, in my opinion you can drive home". He refused to call me a fucking tow truck. So i limped my car home from Gnangara Rd at 20kms an hour, fighting the fucking steering the whole way. I felt like I was going to crash at any second because the steering would just randomly pull really hard to the left or right, and whenever i went over a bump, the steering wheel would shake really violently, even at low speed. And it still felt like i had no power steering, felt like it does when the car is off. But when i became stationary, i could turn the wheel really easily...

Time to get it to KYP and just replace everything. And time to terminate my fucking membership with RAC, because i can clearly just give them all the money they want and still end up having to fix the car myself. All i wanted was a tow truck. Fuck head.

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
By the way, thanks for organizing Socs, good to meet you as well. Pity this had to happen tonight :confused:

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
  • Car(s):Changing
Yeh sucks big time Martin....
Cheers Socs. Good to catchup/meet people!

Tritty

Tritty

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

• Secretary
  • 750 posts
  • LocationKenwick WA
  • Car(s):R32 GTR, HB Torana SL Series 2 (Project), GQ Patrol
damn that sucks big time, Insurance companies are good for fk all. with what you spent renewing your membership and your $100 call out you probably wouldnt have spent much more if you just called out a tow truck and you would have gotten home quicker with less worry.

Anyway, was a good cruise, good turnout, and was well run. Meet point was a little confusing but we all managed to find it.
Shame we had to Bail though, poor Lincoln performed the exorcist in the pack seet at the start meet point. I cant believe he has that much stuff in his gut. it went absolutly everywhere!!
Have just finished washing everything now, so gross, but thats the joys of babies.

Well done on running your first cruise Socs! :thumbsup:
Next time maybe youd like to have a go at making your own map, it can be lots of fun.

Its the little things in life that count.

MikeyGee

MikeyGee

• Paid Member
  • 379 posts
  • Car(s):VR commodore
  • Bike(s):maybe later

What an absolute fucking joke. RAC are the most pathetic fucking company I have ever dealt with, I will never deal with them again. Cunts.

I pulled over on Gnangara Rd, just before Beechborough Rd, after trying a couple of times to see if i could drive home. Decided no way, too dangerous, gonna have to get towed. So i called RAC, and my membership had expired which wasn't really a problem, i just paid for the renewal of my membership. And then the chick goes "we will also have to charge you an extra $100 because you are outside our call-out zone". I was like WTF, how can this be outside the call-out zone, I'm like 5kms from Ellenbrook. But anyway, decided i didn't really have a choice, so i paid the fee. Then i sit in the car for 20 minutes waiting for the guy to arrive.

Finally the guy arrives, spends 5 minutes looking around the car, tries to shake one of the front wheels, and then goes "Sounds like you've thrown a balance weight off, you should be right to drive home". I was like "nah mate, that's not gonna cause what it is doing. I would feel more comfortable if you called a tow truck". So he goes "well that costs us money, in my opinion you can drive home". He refused to call me a fucking tow truck. So i limped my car home from Gnangara Rd at 20kms an hour, fighting the fucking steering the whole way. I felt like I was going to crash at any second because the steering would just randomly pull really hard to the left or right, and whenever i went over a bump, the steering wheel would shake really violently, even at low speed. And it still felt like i had no power steering, felt like it does when the car is off. But when i became stationary, i could turn the wheel really easily...

Time to get it to KYP and just replace everything. And time to terminate my fucking membership with RAC, because i can clearly just give them all the money they want and still end up having to fix the car myself. All i wanted was a tow truck. Fuck head.

i thought RAC didnt deal with liners?

Socrates

Socrates

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 900 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia
  • Car(s):1978 C210 Nissan Skyline 2400GT
  • Bike(s):2004 "30 years of BMX" Mongoose Mischief
Thanks to all who came down for the cruise.
Security came and said they they're closing the roof that's why we had to move down to the front.

Also sorry to hear about Martin and his steering issues and also the guy with battery problems.

we had about 11/12 cars, which was pretty good

no worries about leaving brett, family first.

I put a whole stream of smoke all over the dude with the Toyota and that evo was really pumping it out.
wow that bmw really goes. The run through the tunnel was awesome as well, but couldn't hear my car :( everyone else's sounded awesome though.

was also good to meet some more people and catch up with old ones.

I'm looking forward to next cruise, :)

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
  • LocationUnder The Bonnet, Behind The Camera
  • Car(s):1x Giant Fridge, 1x Smaller Freezer
  • Bike(s):Hopefully before January
Pretty good turnout, Socs. I met a few people which is always good! Sorry I didnt get to talk to any of you guys, and sorry I didn't get to cruise.
Hopefully next time I can stick around and bring the camera
RM_Photography
RM_Photography on Facebook

RM_Photography!

Resident supplier of Garret, Sonic Performance, Turbosmart and all Bosch products.
MTQ Engine Systems

Practicality is an unfamiliar concept...

PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES!!
-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts

i thought RAC didnt deal with liners?

Yeh they don't, they are not my insurance company, I'm with JustCar. I was calling Roadside Assistance, they deal with anyone and I'm a free2go member. Lies, should be called "arm-and-a-leg-2-fix-your-own-damn-car"

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
  • LocationUnder The Bonnet, Behind The Camera
  • Car(s):1x Giant Fridge, 1x Smaller Freezer
  • Bike(s):Hopefully before January
Don't worry Socs, I can't hear my car when I'm the only one in the tunnel!! But I am faster then most people, so it makes up for it :P

Sucks about your car, Martin. Where did you park it? You couldn't have driven all the way home like that? Did you get the RAC bloke to actually drive it?
They're pretty useless. I had one spend 10 minutes trying to diagnose why my friends car wouldn't start. I did it within seconds in the middle of the road. Took him ages, with tools, in a carpark. Then got it towed and they parked it in front of her parents cars! How is that a good idea??
Then the one who came to look at my Silvia flatterened my battery, told me "it's a spark issue" and fucked off, leaving me with a car that eventually went dead flat so other cars couldn't see my hazard lights for 3.5 hours while I waited for a tow truck to arrive.
I've had 2 more come look at my cars. Both gave up and told me to go see an auto elec. First one was a blown fuse we diagnosed 5 minutes after he left, second was a dodgy ignition switch that took my mate 3 minutes to find. After he fixed that it broke down again, which was when I was stuck for 3.5 hours. I hated that Silvia...

Having said that, im still with the RAC just for security and peace of mind.
RM_Photography
RM_Photography on Facebook

RM_Photography!

Resident supplier of Garret, Sonic Performance, Turbosmart and all Bosch products.
MTQ Engine Systems

Practicality is an unfamiliar concept...

PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES!!
-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Angr33

Angr33

Porsche 911 Turbo

• Paid Member
  • 113 posts
  • LocationTuart Hill
  • Car(s):'89 A31 Cefiro
RAC roadside assistance is SHIT! I was stuck on the narrows bridge in the Cefiro and called them (coz Gerrin - Anytime Towing was half way across Oz) and she couldnt even find my name in the system gahhh. So i hung up and called my own tow truck and cost me $90.

Haha pretty sure ur car wouldnt do that even if u had thrown ALL ur balance weights off!! It deffo wouldnt be an enjoyable ride, but wouldn't violently shake a 20km/h.

Have you found out whats wrong with it? Sounds like what my car did when the studs were loose. Well Good luck with KYP.

GreyWolf

GreyWolf

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 630 posts
  • LocationWilletton
  • Car(s):GTO
good cruise socs, its was quality. well done mate :)
skyline... rex... skyline... rex... im starting to sense a pattern

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts

Sucks about your car, Martin. Where did you park it? You couldn't have driven all the way home like that? Did you get the RAC bloke to actually drive it?

Having said that, im still with the RAC just for security and peace of mind.

Nah mate, limped it all the way home. I just had to drive hell slowly and fight the steering cos it kept trying to pull me to the side at random times... Up GEH at 20kms was fun... Hell lucky there was pretty much no traffic, I pretty much came to a stop every time a car overtook me just so that my car wouldn't pull me into them as they went past. Don't think I've ever had to concentrate so much at 20kms/h before lol.

The bloke wouldn't test drive it either, I offered but he said "Nah our insurance won't cover us for that if I get in an accident". I was like "well will your insurance cover me if I crash on the way home because there is a fair chance of that happening?". They are useless, I'm terminating my membership with them just because they don't deserve to keep my money when I have to do all the fuckin work anyway