NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
  • LocationUnder The Bonnet, Behind The Camera
  • Car(s):1x Giant Fridge, 1x Smaller Freezer
  • Bike(s):Hopefully before January
Well that'd do it! Spewing :confused: you can get those from Repco, would be better then waiting for it to come over from England.
RM_Photography
RM_Photography on Facebook

RM_Photography!

Resident supplier of Garret, Sonic Performance, Turbosmart and all Bosch products.
MTQ Engine Systems

Practicality is an unfamiliar concept...

PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES!!
-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

Resident WCC Aerosol Spray Painter

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
  • Car(s):R34 GT Skyline with GTT engine
Will go and check repco, wasn't sure where you could get them from. I don't drive my car during the week anyway so it's not too big a deal waiting.

Char

Char

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 766 posts
  • Car(s):R32 ca18de conversion
u can get those in 1 second from enzed, atom in welshpool -maybe auto one.

that must have been sitting near some heat, wtf is that attached to, vacum line goes straight from intake manifold to the bov.
that looks more like the tee piece that sits on the front of the intake manifold which most ppl block off anyway..

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
Yeh Welshpool is a mission for me to drive just to get a t-piece. Would rather just wait for it to come from England lol.

This was teed into my bov vacuum line, hence why the bov wasn't working. Originally KYP used that line to install my boost controller. I thought that a bad idea so have since re-routed that line and teed into the one coming off the manifold instead, but they had already cut this hose so I used it for my boost gauge.

Char

Char

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 766 posts
its 2mins from kyp..
well there u go, u teed into the vacum which will cause ur bov to open lesss and ur turbo dose more, its the same as running a restrictor.
just put a straight hose from the intake manifold to the bov, the back of the plenum has a hole for the boost gauge, also boost controller should be going to ur turbo if its not then i wudnt be trusting what it says

Nic_A31

Nic_A31

• Paid Member
  • 280 posts
  • LocationSwan View
  • Car(s):Nissan Cefiro A31 ( x2 )
England = what.....couple of weeks?
Welshpool = 15 min drive

There's heaps of joints in Welshpool that'd have them to, don't be a slacker just dooo ittt :P

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
Any Enzed would have it, bit just Welshpool. And those things aren't too rare, wouldn't be hard to find.
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

Resident supplier of Garret, Sonic Performance, Turbosmart and all Bosch products.
MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts

its 2mins from kyp..
well there u go, u teed into the vacum which will cause ur bov to open lesss and ur turbo dose more, its the same as running a restrictor.
just put a straight hose from the intake manifold to the bov, the back of the plenum has a hole for the boost gauge, also boost controller should be going to ur turbo if its not then i wudnt be trusting what it says

Nah dude, bov was working fine before the t-piece melted. It's a 5mm t-piece going onto 4mm hose, if anything it makes less of a restriction lol.

I redirected the boost controller so that it is installed exactly how it says to install it in the manual. Not sure why KYP didn't do that :confused:

England = what.....couple of weeks?
Welshpool = 15 min drive

There's heaps of joints in Welshpool that'd have them to, don't be a slacker just dooo ittt :P

Lol, England = 3 days wait, in which time I would not be driving my car anyway as I don't drive it during the week
Welshpool = 30 minute drive and the cost of petrol lol.

Any Enzed would have it, bit just Welshpool. And those things aren't too rare, wouldn't be hard to find.

There are two Enzed's near me dude, Welshpool and Osbourne Park. Welshpool is the closest.

Turns out they are hard to find as well :confused: I've been to Malz, Supercheap, Auto One, Bunnings, Mitre 10, Repco, Veales, Rudd Industrial, Coventries... pretty much everywhere except Enzed lol. Hence why I gave up and bought it online.

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
Ozzy Park Enzed is awesome. They've never let me down, plus I work with the owner's son so I get a good discount!!
But yeah, I highly recommend them
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Tiddy

Tiddy

• Paid Member
  • 233 posts
  • Car(s):my98 WRX
Not a fan of tee in bov line. Not a fan of tees altogether!
98 STi Twinscrollin
EJ20 inside

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
Hehehehehehehe :devil: :devil:

Plans in progress :D

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
Highmount?
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
Right well most of you know about my car now so I might as well post up the details :)

Just got the car back from Hyperdrive yesterday, I was happy with it until I posted my dyno chart on SAU and it got such bad reviews. Stao, the guy that made my turbo, actually phoned me about 5 minutes after I posted it and said there is definitely something wrong, he suspects a dodgy cat.

First of all, turbo is a custom made turbo by Hypergear, made to look stock but rated to 480hp. Specs are .6 compressor housing, .63 rear. Came with a 20psi atmospherical actuator and braided high flow oil line.

Posted Image

Next were the injectors. Ended up going with Power Enterprise 650cc, more than enough for my application so no need for an aftermarket fuel pressure reg. Had them flow tested and ultrasonically cleaned, 4 of them were at 100% and 2 were at about 96-97%. So all acceptable.

Posted Image

Finally, I had a bit of a freak out last Friday when I thought I was going to max out my stock afm, so I went out and bought a Z32 afm.

When it came to getting tuned, I needed to get custom intake and cooler piping done because the turbo didn't fit with KYP's piping. So I now also have a 3" stainless steel intake pipe, which means the custom heatshield I made for my car no longer fits. So will have to make another one.

Now of course being my car, things weren't going to go smoothly as you can probably tell by this dyno chart:

Posted Image

The graph indicates there is a restriction somewhere. Only thing I can think of is my cat, so will be dropping the exhaust this weekend to see if it makes a difference. Stao said I should be making at least 360rwhp at 15psi, and the turbo is capable of making 400rwhp. So we shall see.

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
Thats only a bit more then mine, but mine should be pulling 300 also. Spewing :confused:
I might drop my cat myself, see if it makes any difference.
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
What does your dyno chart look like? My chart is typical of a restriction, just as full boost comes on and the power starts to climb, it goes flat. And when Andrew tried to wind in more boost, the power curve actually dipped and the lost power. Which indicates that there is a lot of excess heat, caused by a restriction.

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
Why were you on the Ovaboost dyno? :confused:
Where is your flat spot? I'll check my graph and see what it looks like.
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
Hyperdrive don't have their own dyno right now because they just moved into their new workshop, Andrew does all his tuning next door.

How can you not see that massive flat spot lol? Hits 4500rpm and just goes flat.

This is the dyno graph that one of Stao's customers sent me who is using a similar turbo on an R34 with same modifications as me:

Posted Image

Char

Char

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 766 posts
yeah when i was at ovaboost hyperdrive had about 3 cars there.
a turbo rated to 480hp rarely gets anywhere near there unless ur running over 24psi on race fuel.
ie 90% of ppl who run gt35r rated to 700hp only get 400-500, when i ran a 440hp turbo max was lil over 300-315 on 18psi -stock injectors but would only get bout 40hp more
id say u'll hit 350rwhp

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
Yeh because it's 480hp at the engine. That above graph is an R34 using the same spec turbo.

landscribble

landscribble

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 295 posts
  • LocationNOR
  • Car(s):R33 GTS-t
hey martin how did you go in the end? sorted or still some issues?

just wondering because i was looking into getting a highflow done by stao aswell. did you get the kai high flow one? also what did you end up paying with delivery and everything if ya dont mind me asking?

i was looking into the "powered up" option ("500hp".. or 390rwhp realisticly), otherwise the same one you have, in which case ill need an r34 op6 turbine housing yeah?

..im a little stumped right now, ive been quoted $2500 from autoworx to pull out my turbo, take it to get highflowed somewhere and then re-install my turbo. thats it, no tuning or anything. i asked stao how much he would charge if i were to take my car to their place in victoria, and this is what he said;

Hi Luke:
Thats very expensive. We charge $250 to remove and install a high flowed turbo. Its only 3 hours work. High flow charge is $960. So total is $1210 high flowed and installed.
Regards
Stao

:dunno: