2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA
  • Car(s):RB30DET R32 Gts-t Sedan, Hilux SSR-G Surf 4x4
  • Bike(s):Hyosung GT250-R, My wife...
Okay kids, this is a big one.

A request has been made to organise a track day at Wanneroo Raceway from our latest member, FullySick26 AKA Brendan.

Let's have a show of hands to see how many people we can get interest from and I'll let you know what will be involved. From memory to hire the track it's $4500 for the day and you'll need a provisional CAMS license for the day.

Hands people???? Mine's up and I reckon Brett will be doing this once he reads this - :wackit:

Posted Image

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
  • Car(s):Changing
I'd be keen. Whats involved in getting a cams license for the day?

REAPER

REAPER

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

• Moderator - Paid Member -Donator
  • 1250 posts
  • Locationunder ur bed
  • Car(s):aristo pimp mobile (VIP)
  • Bike(s):ur mum
fuck yeah count me in and alix should be an awesome day i can talk to a few of the boys i am sure i could get another say 5 - 10 ppl easy
Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me. An alcoholic is someone you don't like who drinks as much as you do. Don't drink and drive, you might hit a bump and spill your drink. You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on. Stay busy, get plenty of exercise, and don't drink too much. Then again, don't drink too little. Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time. One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time. A meal without wine is like a day without sunshine, except that on a day without sunshine you can still get drunk. I stopped drinking, but only when I sleep. This is one of the disadvantages of wine: it makes a man mistake words for thought. Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic's best friend !!!! When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading. I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they always worked for me. The consumption of alcohol may cause pregnancy. A man who exposes himself when he is intoxicated, has not the art of getting drunk. A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory. I drink to forget I drink. Alcohol is necessary for a man so that he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed be the facts. Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water. The whole world is about three drinks behind. I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Russellll

Russellll

Aston Martin DB9

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 139 posts
  • Car(s):NISMO R33 GTS-R
  • Bike(s):04 GSX-R750
Yeeeeeeerp I'm innnn.
Too much power is just enough..

Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio

• 1302 posts
Don't think I'll have a car for whenever its organised :(

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA

Don't think I'll have a car for whenever its organised :(

Ah bullshit. Bring mum's Excel. Anything will work, even if you have to shotgun with Jess!

Posted Image

Niksmo

Niksmo

Smart Fourtwo

• Guest Member
  • 7 posts
  • Car(s):R33 gtst skyline
keen as for this. just give me a time and date i im pretty sure i can get afew poeple to come.

I'd be keen. Whats involved in getting a cams license for the day?

i think its $120 for day cams/wascc licence.

V8EATER

V8EATER

The fearless leader thats born to cruise...

• President
  • 2551 posts
  • LocationMiles in front of you....
  • Car(s):R32 GTS4 4 Door with RB26DETT, R32 GTS-T Coupe Drift Pig, HJ Prem Wgn, 1947 Holden Pontiac Silver Streak
  • Bike(s):None. Stick em up your ass! Im jinxed riding them.
Got me! I cant wait to take the gts4 around the track. I recon it would do oright.

My hands up :action-smiley-069:

Posted Image
Go Hard Or Fuck Off Home. Kick Ass, Take No Prisoners!!!

All donations to West Coast Cruisers is very much appreciated

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA
Okay guys, I ended up calling the WASCC because I couldn't wait any longer for them to get back to me and I have some interesting news.
After speaking with an official by the name of John, he strongly recommended that we join the WASCC and apply for a CAMS Level 2 license. He said that this way, we can hop on the track any time that they have a tuning day for around $60-90 per DAY. A CAMS Level 2NS license is $55.00 per year.

The details for WASCC membership are as follows:
Silver Membership: $260 Plus $70 Nomination fee for new Members.

* FREE admission to WA Sporting Car Club events.
* Access to drive on the circuit in your road car at club Tuning Days for a nominal fee.
* Participation in motor sport as a driver. Minimum level required for CAMS competition eligibility.
* Participation in motor sport as a driver. Minimum level required for CAMS competition eligibility.
* Voting rights.
* Lively and informative magazine The Racing Line sent free to members.
* Access to McCrackan House at all WA Sporting Car Club events.
* FREE WA Sporting Car Club Members' cap.
* One FREE track hire voucher that can be redeemed at a Tuning Day or Drift Practice valued at $60.
* Discount tickets to events for family and friends.

(To drive on the circuit a CAMS Licence is required and additional fees apply.)

WASCC Link - WASCC
WASCC Calendar, the tuning days are highlighted in grey - CALENDAR
WASCC 2010 Membership Application Form (new members only) - MEMBERSHIP FORM

CAMS Website - CAMS
CAMS License Structure - LICENSE STRUCTURE
LICENSE TYPES
CAMS License Application Form - APPLICATION FORM

If we join the WASCC and get our CAMS license we will save a shitload of money and be able to turn up to any tuning day we want. Tuning days happen on average about 3 times per month. We will have to share the track with other users but in my opinion it will more affordable for everyone.

If we were to make this a one off event, the following will apply:

Track hire weekend - $4600.00
St John's First Aid - $400.00
CAMS day license - $60.00
Insurance - $220.00
Observer - $400.00

Total = $5680.00
Divide that by 10 people and you'll be paying $568.00 for one day only.

If we were to join the WASCC the following will apply:

Membership - $330.00 PER YEAR
CAMS License - $55.00 PER YEAR
Tuning Day - $90.00 PER EVENT.

Total = $385.00 PER YEAR + $90.00 each event.

What's the consensus?

Posted Image

REAPER

REAPER

• 1250 posts
  • Locationunder ur bed
  • Car(s):aristo pimp mobile (VIP)
  • Bike(s):ur mum
im set as i already have my wascc membership and i also have a list of every tuning day for the whole of 2010 if u want it let me know allen i think this could be the way to go
Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me. An alcoholic is someone you don't like who drinks as much as you do. Don't drink and drive, you might hit a bump and spill your drink. You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on. Stay busy, get plenty of exercise, and don't drink too much. Then again, don't drink too little. Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time. One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time. A meal without wine is like a day without sunshine, except that on a day without sunshine you can still get drunk. I stopped drinking, but only when I sleep. This is one of the disadvantages of wine: it makes a man mistake words for thought. Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic's best friend !!!! When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading. I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they always worked for me. The consumption of alcohol may cause pregnancy. A man who exposes himself when he is intoxicated, has not the art of getting drunk. A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory. I drink to forget I drink. Alcohol is necessary for a man so that he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed be the facts. Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water. The whole world is about three drinks behind. I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

V8EATER

V8EATER

The fearless leader thats born to cruise...

• President
  • 2551 posts
  • LocationMiles in front of you....
  • Car(s):R32 GTS4 4 Door with RB26DETT, R32 GTS-T Coupe Drift Pig, HJ Prem Wgn, 1947 Holden Pontiac Silver Streak
  • Bike(s):None. Stick em up your ass! Im jinxed riding them.
Yer i think so too. Much cheaper. Just need drum up some people wanting to go and then make it happen.

Im still in. Anyone else??????? It would be worth it and i recon it would be a blast. :devil:

Posted Image
Go Hard Or Fuck Off Home. Kick Ass, Take No Prisoners!!!

All donations to West Coast Cruisers is very much appreciated