• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Char

Char

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 766 posts
  • Car(s):R32 ca18de conversion
Just build the de motor I'll give you into a forged det, cost you less and you got a built motor, push 400rwhp all day. When I had 320 in my rb25 my mates sr20 180sx on 320 shat on me like I wasn't there

V8EATER

V8EATER

The fearless leader thats born to cruise...

• President
  • 2551 posts
  • LocationMiles in front of you....
  • Car(s):R32 GTS4 4 Door with RB26DETT, R32 GTS-T Coupe Drift Pig, HJ Prem Wgn, 1947 Holden Pontiac Silver Streak
  • Bike(s):None. Stick em up your ass! Im jinxed riding them.
I think the SR20 motor is a good engine. It seem to have a lots of revs but with a bit of torque behind it. For a 4cy (which i hate) they are up there in the top of the list as being one of the best 4cy engines around.

Rhys i hope its not gonna be a headfuck for ya. If Brendion is correct, it's alot of work. It may pay to ask others that have done the conversion before to then know what is exactly involved in getting it done without any major hassels.

Posted Image
Go Hard Or Fuck Off Home. Kick Ass, Take No Prisoners!!!

All donations to West Coast Cruisers is very much appreciated

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
  • Car(s):Changing

I think the SR20 motor is a good engine. It seem to have a lots of revs but with a bit of torque behind it. For a 4cy (which i hate) they are up there in the top of the list as being one of the best 4cy engines around.

Rhys i hope its not gonna be a headfuck for ya. If Brendion is correct, it's alot of work. It may pay to ask others that have done the conversion before to then know what is exactly involved in getting it done without any major hassels.

:o :angry:

:ban:

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
  • LocationUnder The Bonnet, Behind The Camera
  • Car(s):1x Giant Fridge, 1x Smaller Freezer
  • Bike(s):Hopefully before January
Lol James, the SR20 is a good motor. But i've never been a fan. That's just a personal opinion, but there is a reason why they are such a popular motor.

As for the RB25 swap, it is common enough to have plenty of information out there, but still uncommon enough go be unique. From what I've read, the conversion isnt too hard from a mechanical standpoint (which is my specialty and trade, obviously). The wiring I'm a bit unsure of, but I have a bloke who can help me out there.
I chose the RB25 because of my previous experience with them (3 years of ownership) their strength and low down torque compared to the smaller SR20DE. Thanks for the offer mate, I appreciate it.

Will be out of debt next week, so that's when this actually begins properly! Can't wait :D
RM_Photography
RM_Photography on Facebook

RM_Photography!

Resident supplier of Garret, Sonic Performance, Turbosmart and all Bosch products.
MTQ Engine Systems

Practicality is an unfamiliar concept...

PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES!!
-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!