Dyno Horsepower Autoworx Nissan GT-R Kilowatts

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

• Moderator - Paid Member -Donator
  • 1302 posts

yeah autoworx = fail. got home then realised the wrx was in snow mode so made 160 on 8psi when it normally boosts to 15. cant believe those fools didnt catch it "ah we cant figure out why but we aren't getting a boost reading"

Shouldn't you have changed the mode when you got there?

Celica readout must be awesome i must sell c210 and get one

Yeah, it is pretty rad.

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
  • Car(s):Changing

I think everyone was having issues on the dyno...

Next time lets not try organise an event for the hottest day of the week :) it's now happened twice in a row...no wonder my car isn't happy with me. Haha

Bretto is happy :P

V8EATER

V8EATER

The fearless leader thats born to cruise...

• President
  • 2551 posts
  • LocationMiles in front of you....
  • Car(s):R32 GTS4 4 Door with RB26DETT, R32 GTS-T Coupe Drift Pig, HJ Prem Wgn, 1947 Holden Pontiac Silver Streak
  • Bike(s):None. Stick em up your ass! Im jinxed riding them.
Not anymore. I think the cometic head gasket on the GTR went pop. Lost total compression on number 3 and 6. No smoke, no rattles, no breathing of engine so i think head gasket couldn't hack the 16psi and said "fuck this, im out of here". Im sorta glad its done it now and not when ive done all the mods winding it up to 22. It could be worse. Im hearing air bubbles also in the head when the car is off. It's a head gasket for sure.

If it is the head gasket, ive now caught onto everyone saying there shit and that i will never use another Cometic head gasket again.

Posted Image
Go Hard Or Fuck Off Home. Kick Ass, Take No Prisoners!!!

All donations to West Coast Cruisers is very much appreciated

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
Well....

Bad day is bad?

REAPER

REAPER

• 1250 posts
  • Locationunder ur bed
  • Car(s):aristo pimp mobile (VIP)
  • Bike(s):ur mum
i had fun
Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me. An alcoholic is someone you don't like who drinks as much as you do. Don't drink and drive, you might hit a bump and spill your drink. You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on. Stay busy, get plenty of exercise, and don't drink too much. Then again, don't drink too little. Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time. One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time. A meal without wine is like a day without sunshine, except that on a day without sunshine you can still get drunk. I stopped drinking, but only when I sleep. This is one of the disadvantages of wine: it makes a man mistake words for thought. Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic's best friend !!!! When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading. I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they always worked for me. The consumption of alcohol may cause pregnancy. A man who exposes himself when he is intoxicated, has not the art of getting drunk. A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory. I drink to forget I drink. Alcohol is necessary for a man so that he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed be the facts. Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water. The whole world is about three drinks behind. I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA
  • Car(s):RB30DET R32 Gts-t Sedan, Hilux SSR-G Surf 4x4
  • Bike(s):Hyosung GT250-R, My wife...
Had my work do this day - Had to be a lunch deal as well. Always the way.

Brett - Let me know when you get the shit together to sort your car and I'll be there to help out.

Posted Image

V8EATER

V8EATER

• President
  • 2551 posts
  • Car(s):R32 GTS4 4 Door with RB26DETT, R32 GTS-T Coupe Drift Pig, HJ Prem Wgn, 1947 Holden Pontiac Silver Streak
Cheers bro. I did the gearbox in the silver skyline today so ive got some wheels to use until we both have time mate to pull the engine out. Now that dyno day and track day are done, it can sit there until crissy time to get done. While its out i want to put the heat wrap on the tomei exhaust manifolds as their just generating too much heat which is heating the oil and water lines above the manifolds. Theres no air flow to keep them cool.

No i can't put hole in bonnet ;)

Posted Image

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

Resident WCC Aerosol Spray Painter

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
  • Car(s):R34 GT Skyline with GTT engine
Just quickly, for anyone else who thought perhaps their car didn't make the power they were expecting...

I just realized that Autoworx backed off the throttle on my car at 5600rpm. My car revs to 7500rpm, making 390rwhp by 7000. After overlaying my graph from Autoworx with my graph from Allstar (tuned the day before), at 5600rpm on my Allstar graph I am making about 330rwhp. So looking at that, my result at Autoworx of 319 isn't that far off.

Anyone know why they stopped at 5600??

Char

Char

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 766 posts
  • Car(s):R32 ca18de conversion

Cheers bro. I did the gearbox in the silver skyline today so ive got some wheels to use until we both have time mate to pull the engine out. Now that dyno day and track day are done, it can sit there until crissy time to get done. While its out i want to put the heat wrap on the tomei exhaust manifolds as their just generating too much heat which is heating the oil and water lines above the manifolds. Theres no air flow to keep them cool.

No i can't put hole in bonnet ;)

what kind of cometic head gasket? metal / multi layer? may be worth checking oil temp, if your planning for alot of hp you really need a good oil pump

V8EATER

V8EATER

• President
  • 2551 posts
What its got now is a 1.2 metal head gasket. Actually one that C Red supplied and said "It should be ok". Well we will find out when it comes apart once again.Oil pumps already done dude. Its got a nitto HV pump. I didn't skrimp on that one. Got a a tomie baffle kit too.

Martin i think the dyno was near to close as what it should of been. That Grey GTR, when i spoke to him i asked him before he put it on the dyno what HP it was making and he said that he was making around 410 - 420HP. Well the figures were 414HP. He said thats about right so im thinking it's right.

Posted Image

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
Yeh well it is pretty much spot on, it's just that they stopped early with mine. My graph ends at 5600rpm. That's pretty much spot on with my Allstar graph at the same rpm, considering Allstar had SAE correction method turned on. Correction adds about 6% on top of the genuine figure; 318.7x1.06 = 337.8. If you compare the graphs:

Allstar:
Posted Image

Autoworx:
Posted Image

At 5600rpm on the Allstar graph, it's pretty much spot on 6% above the Autowrox reading. But it's an incomplete run, I still had another 2000rpm to go which is unfortunately where a large chunk of my powerband is with this new turbo. Not whinging about the number, it's just a number. Just wondering why they stopped the run so early.

Socrates

Socrates

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 900 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia
  • Car(s):1978 C210 Nissan Skyline 2400GT
  • Bike(s):2004 "30 years of BMX" Mongoose Mischief
When we had the last dyno day, when i told the dude to not rev over 6k with my car, he said he normally goes until it starts to lose power.
That is the case with yours, at 5800 on that day the engine started losing power.

Why is your power delivery so lumpy on the allstar graph?

Char

Char

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 766 posts
  • Car(s):R32 ca18de conversion
yeah the autoworx dyno sheet actually looks alot better than your allstar one

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
It's just the resolution of the graph. They are very similar curves, Allstar's just has a higher resolution.

And I believe the power curve dips down after 5600 because they backed off the throttle. The car wouldn't have started losing power in the middle of the rev range just after the turbo came on full boost. They probably saw the same flat spot that is on my Allstar graph and stopped the run, whereas it actually would have picked up again.

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
Why do you make max power at 7000rpm :|. Isn't that redline?

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts

Why do you make max power at 7000rpm :|. Isn't that redline?

Nah, redlines at 7500.

Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio

• 1302 posts
Haha, mycar started losing power at about 2,700rpm - and it still whooped all your candy asses, lol!

Socrates

Socrates

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 900 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia
  • Car(s):1978 C210 Nissan Skyline 2400GT
  • Bike(s):2004 "30 years of BMX" Mongoose Mischief
Must be something wrong with it lachlan, max power should be around 5 - 6k for those

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
Its old Socs lol and don't know what previous life its had... Leave it alone!!

Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio

• 1302 posts

Must be something wrong with it lachlan, max power should be around 5 - 6k for those

Fk'n lol! You must give your cars shit Socs, redline is only at 5,500rpm and it may have lost a bit of curry in it's 29 years of existant.

Its old Socs lol and don't know what previous life its had... Leave it alone!!

THIS

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dyno, Horsepower, Autoworx, Nissan, GT-R, Kilowatts