NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
  • LocationUnder The Bonnet, Behind The Camera
  • Car(s):1x Giant Fridge, 1x Smaller Freezer
  • Bike(s):Hopefully before January
I'm pretty sure we left those shovels up there :( Might need to go back tomorrow and get them.

I NEED NEW WHEELS, DAMMIT!!!
RM_Photography
RM_Photography on Facebook

RM_Photography!

Resident supplier of Garret, Sonic Performance, Turbosmart and all Bosch products.
MTQ Engine Systems

Practicality is an unfamiliar concept...

PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES!!
-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
  • Car(s):Changing
Shit yeah I think we did.. unless Socs brought them in?

Soo, how are you going to get them? lol.

Gold mine rhys: http://perth.gumtree...QAdIdZ273409314

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
I'll check the back of the car tomorrow, but I dont think so. I wont go up the hill, just into the main area so I wont get stuck.

Sent that bloke a message asking about the 4WD shifter, the rear seatbelts and the lift. Should be SWEEEET!!
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

Resident supplier of Garret, Sonic Performance, Turbosmart and all Bosch products.
MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
Hes selling diffs too.. (After he sells lift, so make a deal out of it!)

*Unless I don't know what I'm on about.

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
Nah, chances are his diffs are the same as mine. I'll get some lockers when funds allow.
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA
  • Car(s):RB30DET R32 Gts-t Sedan, Hilux SSR-G Surf 4x4
  • Bike(s):Hyosung GT250-R, My wife...
When I saw that top one, I thought his ears had grown and turned yellow.

Posted Image

Posted Image

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
Get fucked

:asshole:
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley

When I saw that top one, I thought his ears had grown and turned yellow.

Posted Image

Literally in tears!!
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
Literally in years?
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
Ok, ordered 5 black Sunraysia wheels in 15x8, and 5 Sumitomo 33x12.5x15 tires for them. I'll buy 4 on Wednesday and I'll get the 5th for the spare the week after when I get paid again. It'll be good to get rid of the pizza cutter shit I have right now. I'm going from a 235 tire (8in tire) to a 12.5pm tire, so should fill the guards nicer, and I'll have a much better footprint!
Obviously to make these fit nicely, I'll need a lift kit. I managed to find a 4in suspension lift on GumTree for $500, so I'll pull that out of the donor car on Saturday, give it all a good clean up at work in the parts washer, then install it into my car on Wednesday with the help of the hoists and airtools at work.
This is the car the lift is coming out of:
GumTree Link

So that gives an idea of what it'll look like before the Easter break.

If I can afford it, there's a bullbar on Gumtree for $100. I suspect its a crappy alloy one, but it should do the trick until I can get something a bit better.

Will update when things start happening!
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
I love GumTree! $100 gets you one of these:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Chucked it on today, fits perfectly. It used to have another bullbar on it, judging by the scotch locks on the indicator wiring and the marks on the mounts. Not sure why they removed it to put that crappy bumper on though. Oh well. This one will come off when I get a steel winch bar, but for now it'll work. I'll mount some spotties on here eventually, and move my CB radio antenna onto the bar as well. Will have to check my finances too see when I can afford either. Starting to run a bit low at the moment :(

Anyway, have have most of my lift kit now. The shocks on the car I looked at were shit, rusted out and both front mounting bolts snapped when I tried to take them off, and the lower control arm bolts did not want to move either :( So I'll have to buy some brand new shocks to suit the 4in springs and some caster adjustment bushes. Hopefully they dont cost too much, but I doubt I'll have them by Easter :( Oh well, at least my bullbar and wheels will be on. Should be lifted and lookin' tough in a few weeks ;)

This thing is getting expensive!!
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
Ok, so a bit on an update.

FINALLY picked up my wheels and tires yesterday. There was an issue with the supplier, but the bloke at Ian Diffans was able to find someone else to get the rims from, so finally picked them up yesterday.

Posted Image

Sorry for the crappy picture, its an iPhone photo linked from Facebook, so plenty of quality loss there.

I'll be speaking to WA Suspensions this week as well regarding my shocks and castor correction so I can get the lift kit in and put these wheels on. As is, the wheels will scrape like crazy, so not going to put them on yet.

Last night I hit the dunes with a few mates for the first time, and fuck me it was awesome fun!! The old girl didnt do to badly either!! She never got stuck (completely) and only struggled on a few hills. Couldnt make it EVERYWHERE the other blokes could, but their cars were all lifted with bigger muddies, so I didnt do too badly considering I couldnt get out of 4L, with tiny tires and no power...
Sadly, my carby didnt love it as much as I did :( Sitting at redline all night seemed to disagree with it slightly! The idle went from 1100, to 3000, to 400, to 2000, to 800 (where it should be) to 1100 again. Then it starting pumping smoke out the exhaust at idle, making some pretty cool smoke rings if I'm honest! Lol. Something was obviously wrong, but she never stopped for the rest of the night!! Continued to climb the dunes and got me all the way from Alkimos to Alexander Heights no worries at all!! (Lets see a Rangie do that, James ;))

Anyway, I pulled the carby off today so I can take it in to get rebuilt on Monday, and there was about 3mm movement in the fucken thing again! So the bolt holding it down had come loose again, but I'll locktight that up before I put it back on the car.

So thats all I got at the moment. The car is hardparked until I can get that fixed, then take it in on Wednesday to hopefuly install the lift kit, and if I get time find a way to reattach the 4WD selector so I dont have to keep climbing under the car to change from 2H to 4H and 4L... Very annoying...

On my to-do list is:
Rebuild carby
Get radiator cleaned
Re-flush cooling system
Replace clutch master cylinder
Buy and install spot lights
Buy new UHF antenna
Buy a new UHF microphone
Go thrash the crap out of it until something else needs fixing! :D

I'm starting to see where Brett's coming from :P
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
The rangie wouldn't have broken down, tool.

GL with patrol..

Whack a small skyline turbo on it and smic with just a couple psi boost, you need the power lol.

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
Prove it! :P What motor does the Rangie have, anyway?

I wont put a turbo on it with the carby, too hard to tune imho. Not sure what I'm going to do engine wise. The carby rebuild will give me a bit more power, as will electronic ignition and full exhaust, but eventually I'll need more. Not sure if I should drop a TD42 into it (4.2 diesel) then turbo it, put a V8 petrol in it (Would love a Duramax V8 turbo diesel in it, but I dont have a spare $25k) or if I'll keep the petrol motor, rebuild it, and chuck a turbo on the side. Will see how we go!

Tomorrow I might go get a central locking kit for it and chuck that in. Hate not having central locking! Lol.
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
IMHO, 4.2 diesel is the way to go. Have seen so many do 500,000kms +

Rangie has a 3.9l V8 fuel inj.

Go watch Top Gear Bolivia special...

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
I've seen that a few times now, I've always wanted a 4WD, but that really inspired me to get one! One day I'll own a 40 series for a bit of fun... To old and uncomfortable to be a daily, even for me.

All the diesels I saw when looking for this one had some 500,000, or almost anyway. The engine might be able to handle it, but the gearbox, transfer case and diffs wear out as well. Thats why I chose mine with 340,000. Then I'm still going 4.2 to 4.2, only difference is the diesel can run under water! Lol. I'm in no rush to decide though, there's nothing wrong with this engine at the moment. In a few months I'll decide how I want to go, and what I want from this motor.
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
Got an update for y'all! This thing is starting to take shape :D

As I said before, the carby fucked up and was pouring fuel out the exhaust. Made some awesome smoke rings, but wasnt that great :( Took the carby in for a rebuild, and turned out the choke was completely rooted, as I suspected. Someone had been in there before and tried fixing it with wire! Dodgy bastards... Had it all cleaned and rebuilt, and the car runs awesome! I have only driven it twice since reinstalling it, but it runs awesomely! No longer misses and backfires and carries on when its cold, runs smooth as! Was it worth the $800 it cost me? No, and I'm not happy with that price as all, but it had to be paid, and at least my car runs. Even though I got it back on the road one day and it was off again the next! Hahaha

Also, I bought some extended rear swaybar links, castor correction bushes and some Lovells shocks from WA Suspensions, who gave me a fantastic price! I highly recommend these guys if you need anything suspension. The fact they're 2 minutes from work helps a lot also! Haha.

Anyway, put half the lift kit in on Wednesday after work. Was a bit slow after working for 8 hours, and unfortunately we were kicked out at 9pm, but we were able to get the front and rear springs in, front shocks in and tightened up, front extended brake lines in, rear standard brake lines out, and steering arms, steering dampener, and front panhard rods in.
Had to be back at work at 7am the next morning to pack my tools up, put the new wheels/tires on, and drove it out of the workshop with no rear shocks, rear panhard rod or brakes... I've never been more scared driving a car!! Hahaha, the back was wobbling around all over the place, and I found out later on one of the rear springs wasnt sitting properly, so I'm lucky it didnt fall out!! Pheeww!!

Anyway, here is how the car sits now:

Posted Image

She looking awesome!! The roof is just higher then my head :P
Unfortunately she's sat there since Thursday morning :( The rear shocks were the wrong ones, only fitted upside down and were almost full extended just sitting there, so took them back and WA Suspensions have ordered some 6in Tough Dog shocks in for me, and I'll pick them up on Monday. The rear springs have been reseated, the rear panhard rod has been installed, and brake lines put in.
Once the shocks are put in, I can drive the down to Ian Diffans (about 50m from work) and get them to install the castor bushes and give it a wheel alignment. I was supposed to do them on Wednesday, but our press broke 2 weeks ago, and there is no way we could have done these with hammers. So not sure how much that is going to cost me, but hopefully my boss will let me put it on the work account and I can pay it off next time I get paid. I'm so low on funds at the moment, and I'm sick of driving Mum's Swift! Hahaha.
You can see the castor in the above photo, the front wheels are supposed to sit in the middle of the wheel arch, not pretty much touching the body. Common problem when you raise these cars.
My aim at this stage (HOPEFULLY!!) is I can drive the car home on Wednesday. Dying to drive it again, will be good fun with the 4in lift now :P

Future plans at this stage are:
Grind off the welds holding my tow ball in so I can put a lowered one in to counter act the hight of the lift. It'll also allow me to run a recovery point off there as well
Spotties - 4 on the roof, 2 on the bullbar
Rear lights
New steel bullbar
Rock sliders/side steps
Cut out the rust in the roof
Fit a snorkel
Fit extractors and full 2.5in exhaust
Fit some larger recovery points on the front
Fix everything else I know I'll break out on the tracks :P

Bring on the WCC 4x4 Cruise!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA
  • Car(s):RB30DET R32 Gts-t Sedan, Hilux SSR-G Surf 4x4
  • Bike(s):Hyosung GT250-R, My wife...

She looking awesome!! The roof is just higher then my head :P

But not wider than your ears........

Spotties - 4 on the roof, 2 on the bullbar

Just be aware that this is illegal. You are not permitted more than 2 extra driving lights and they may not be higher than 1.25M off the ground.

Most times we don't give a fuck about defectable shit, but this will stick out like dog balls.

Props to you if you still want to go ahead with it.

Posted Image

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
I wasn't aware of the light rule, I thought it was 4 more then standard. Either way, if it gets picked up on, I'll modify it so everything is quickly removed. They wont be used on the road at all, so hopefully the cops are a bit lenient for them. I saw first hand how good they are when we went to Alkamos. There was my car, with no spottier, then a GQ ute with 2 spotties on the bullbar, then an 80 with HID highbeams, 2 Lightforce spotties on the bulbar, 2 HID spotties on the roof and 2 square spotties next to them. Seriously turned night into day!! I'll see how he goes with that setup for a while until I get my own, but so far he's had no issues.

Spoke to WA Suspensions today, I owe them an extra $230 for these Tough Dog shocks. Selling the 31 shell and gearbox this week, so that'll go a long way to get the old girl back on the road.
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
http://perth.gumtree...QAdIdZ270378012