2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA
  • Car(s):RB30DET R32 Gts-t Sedan, Hilux SSR-G Surf 4x4
  • Bike(s):Hyosung GT250-R, My wife...
After much consideration I have decided to call it quits helping members out with their cars.

If you want work done, grab the Yellow Pages and let your fingers do the walking.

I've spent many hours and days assisting people with their cars only to have them turn around and sell them. Fair enough, it's your choice as to what you do but I help people so they can enjoy their rides for years to come. In many instances I have given up a lot to help some people and the cost is not only in time, but my own personal expense.

I've had enough.

Posted Image

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
  • Car(s):Changing
Which is why I'm happy to pay you.

REAPER

REAPER

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

• Moderator - Paid Member -Donator
  • 1250 posts
  • Locationunder ur bed
  • Car(s):aristo pimp mobile (VIP)
  • Bike(s):ur mum
allen ur a very bitter person and all i can say is

i agree with u people if ur just doing ur car up to get rid of it dont use other people if its for ur own personal enjoyment and the love of modding a true jap spec then no prob's
Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me. An alcoholic is someone you don't like who drinks as much as you do. Don't drink and drive, you might hit a bump and spill your drink. You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on. Stay busy, get plenty of exercise, and don't drink too much. Then again, don't drink too little. Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time. One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time. A meal without wine is like a day without sunshine, except that on a day without sunshine you can still get drunk. I stopped drinking, but only when I sleep. This is one of the disadvantages of wine: it makes a man mistake words for thought. Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic's best friend !!!! When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading. I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they always worked for me. The consumption of alcohol may cause pregnancy. A man who exposes himself when he is intoxicated, has not the art of getting drunk. A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory. I drink to forget I drink. Alcohol is necessary for a man so that he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed be the facts. Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water. The whole world is about three drinks behind. I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

1via

1via

Got Silvia?

• 1101 posts
  • LocationMaylands
  • Car(s):Mitsubishi Legnum
espec for nothing
Ten Four to Socrates: (26 December 2010 - 11:09 PM)
my hair contains no gel or wax. purely how I wake up.
yours on the other hand, is curly like pubes, EVERYWHERE

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
  • LocationUnder The Bonnet, Behind The Camera
  • Car(s):1x Giant Fridge, 1x Smaller Freezer
  • Bike(s):Hopefully before January
Thats a shame, I was hoping you could help me with my car sometime during the future.
Your choice though, you do have a good point.
RM_Photography
RM_Photography on Facebook

RM_Photography!

Resident supplier of Garret, Sonic Performance, Turbosmart and all Bosch products.
MTQ Engine Systems

Practicality is an unfamiliar concept...

PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES!!
-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Tritty

Tritty

• Secretary
  • 750 posts
  • LocationKenwick WA
  • Car(s):R32 GTR, HB Torana SL Series 2 (Project), GQ Patrol
Allen, I honestly dont believe you were being used. Im sure at the time, there was a real love and passion for doing the car up, Even I could see the excitement. he was also willing to help out to return the favour.
When people are young they often do things that are silly, rash, and most times regretable.
Sometimes peoples circumstances change, or they just need a change in general.
Everyone has a lot of respect for you, and many people look up to you (Not because they are short)
Im sure he didnt mean to upset you.

Its the little things in life that count.

Russellll

Russellll

Aston Martin DB9

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 139 posts
  • Car(s):NISMO R33 GTS-R
  • Bike(s):04 GSX-R750
Hell, i even call this hero Dad.
Too much power is just enough..

REAPER

REAPER

• 1250 posts
  • Locationunder ur bed
  • Car(s):aristo pimp mobile (VIP)
  • Bike(s):ur mum
group hug
Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me. An alcoholic is someone you don't like who drinks as much as you do. Don't drink and drive, you might hit a bump and spill your drink. You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on. Stay busy, get plenty of exercise, and don't drink too much. Then again, don't drink too little. Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time. One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time. A meal without wine is like a day without sunshine, except that on a day without sunshine you can still get drunk. I stopped drinking, but only when I sleep. This is one of the disadvantages of wine: it makes a man mistake words for thought. Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic's best friend !!!! When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading. I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they always worked for me. The consumption of alcohol may cause pregnancy. A man who exposes himself when he is intoxicated, has not the art of getting drunk. A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory. I drink to forget I drink. Alcohol is necessary for a man so that he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed be the facts. Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water. The whole world is about three drinks behind. I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA
I know I wasn't being used. That's not the point.

I can't be fucked working on other people's cars if they are going to SELL THEM. That's my point.

Posted Image

Heatseeker

Heatseeker

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo

• Guest Member
  • 87 posts
  • LocationPerth
  • Car(s):04 Ba Falcon, 91 EB XR8 347 Stroker, WB 1 Tonner
Yeah man, its a good point to make, it seems to me that its a bit rude! I have had simalir to the same happen to me in the past, can be a pain!

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA
A new update on this topic.

If you want anything done on your car, or need something for it then money up front from now on. I will give you a very competitive quote and feel free to compare it to what you would get elsewhere, I do what I do to help people out, not to make a large profit. I have enough on my plate as it is and I really don't need the money, or the frustration.

In the latest episode, I helped someone who needed it but I had to pay for the part. They received it, installed it and are happy with it. That was a while ago now and I've had a gutfull of hearing that I'll be reimbursed in a few days, or next week or whenever.

I've written it off as a bad debt and that person can now consider themselves on my shit list. I shouldn't have to go chasing people for the money I have forked out, and to have them pull this on me is somewhat frustrating to say the least. I have been patient and tolerant, but now that's come to an end.

This person has also spent more money on their car since, and hasn't done the right thing by me in settling the debt beforehand, and this is the thing that has pissed me off the most.

If this person thinks that I'm being harsh for deciding this, then put yourself in my shoes. If you still don't get it, then you need some serious fucking help.

Enough is enough.

Posted Image

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
Fek thats gay. You know I always offer to pay first etc.

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA
Most will do the right thing, but every now and then there's someone who for some unknown reason has little regard for common decency.

Shit happens, but Brett has told me all along that I'm stupid for letting things slide as many times as I do.

Times have changed.

Posted Image

Mally

Mally

• Paid Member
  • 512 posts
  • Locationmalaga area
  • Car(s):76 statesman, 09 colt
If you still have reciepts for said parts. Go get them back :P

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA
Gave the receipt to the person for warranty purposes.

I didn't think I would get fucked over.

Posted Image

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
None of my interior lights work & fuses aren't blown...

Fix and (pref) replace with white LEDs everywhere (2 back seat, 2 map light, 1 middle door open light).

$$ in it obviously. Let me know :)

AU Falcoon

Mish

Mish

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 256 posts
  • LocationEdgewater
  • Car(s):Nissan R33 gts, Toyota Celica sx st162
I agree with this Allen! bit like voluntary service, i spent my 08/09 and 09/10 summer slugging it out at the beach every weekend helping out with Junior carnivals, Senior carnivals and even nationals, and when it was our turn to compete in IRB's in the winter, the club fucked us off, didn't help, we had no water safety, shit all referees and the equipment is falling apart. No one even came down to support us. Oh and might I point out that the summer sports (which has thousands of people competing) won like 4 medals. IRB's have a 11 person team and we got 6 medals at states, I was placing in every event for entire season (only reason i only placed a few times at states was because i fucked my kidneys) and the dickheads wouldn't even help sponsor us to go over to nationals when they payed for the summer sports to not only get their equipment across but also payed for flights and accommodation.

I've told them to fuck off with their summer crap, and changed clubs.. to a smaller club btw.. who has bought us new equipment, is putting me and another girl through a basic marine mechanic course and is paying for us to go over to nationals.

When you put in the effort for others, you expect to be treated fairly back.

People need to realise unpaid help is not a one way street, and as far as not paying for the parts, that just wrong on so many levels!!!

So Allen, i know how your feeling mate, and i don't blame you one bit!
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA

None of my interior lights work & fuses aren't blown...

Fix and (pref) replace with white LEDs everywhere (2 back seat, 2 map light, 1 middle door open light).

$$ in it obviously. Let me know :)

AU Falcoon

Let me know when you want it done and I'll see if I can squeeze you in.

As always, I'll keep the prices low.

Posted Image

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
anytime except fri / sat cause i need my car for work

sooner is better..
...... so you let me know :P

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA
Looks like Sunday. We'll be doing the GT-R gearbox on Monday.

Posted Image