Photo

Choose WCC's new website skin look

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

V8EATER

V8EATER

The fearless leader thats born to cruise...

• President
  • 2551 posts
  • LocationMiles in front of you....
  • Car(s):R32 GTS4 4 Door with RB26DETT, R32 GTS-T Coupe Drift Pig, HJ Prem Wgn, 1947 Holden Pontiac Silver Streak
  • Bike(s):None. Stick em up your ass! Im jinxed riding them.
Hi Cruisers,

Well for the ones that didnt come to last Committee meeting, a group decision was made to change the layout and look of WCC website to something that is 1. More readable and 2. to have all our members cars as logo for the new website look as a presentation look.

What i have done to start things off is import some skins into wcc's board from which everyone has the option to preview the skin before it is applied to the board as a default. Now some of them are shit and some are ok. I tried to stay clear of the dark background but if i go too light of background, the writing is not visible. So the ones i have chosen are the ones that i can work with to modify,

Down on the bottom left of each wcc webpage, you will find a drop down option to change your skin. I would like everyone to have the time to view each skin and give me your thoughts as to which one you like. I have also started a poll so everyone can vote on which skin they like.

I have spent a few hours looking around for some skins for our board and i can tell you, there is some absolute shit ones out there and trying to find one that is good looking for free is virtually impossible.

The skins i have added are named as the following...

Bliss, Grey Lustrous, IP Duo, Blue Dark, Silver Light Blue, Web 2.0, Glass, Delicate Blue & Warrior ( My Favorite)

Warrior is my choice of skin. I have paid for this skin as i think it will be perfect for what we want to do. It has transparency thru the board which allow you to view the background picture as well as change it to new background picture without any hassles of modifying the site to suit. This skin is also very flexible also correcting a few little issue we had with our old skin. This skin can be also modified to have different styling and colors. It doesnt have to remain the way it it is. Its the layout im more interested in. I can always change the design. Also on another note, i think i may be able to have a different background for every module tab you click on. That way every webpage will have a different background instead of having the same background on every page. And yes the WCC car logo will be incorporated into the skin. :)

Anyways, have a look peoples. If you find you dont like any of the following skins, feel free to look around for me and find anything. I require skins that work for IP Board V3.0.

Please note that the skins are in a test environment and it will not be the real thing until it goes live with all its modifications done.

If warrior doesnt get chosen, i will still complete the skins modifications and have it as a alternative skin to choose from.

I case some people want to know were the warrior background picture come from, it was WCC's first RAC driving day.

Rhys, will speak to you on Sunday to arrange for you to take some happy snaps of our members cars for the new website look.

Keep Cruising Guys...... :thumbsup:

Posted Image
Go Hard Or Fuck Off Home. Kick Ass, Take No Prisoners!!!

All donations to West Coast Cruisers is very much appreciated

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

Resident WCC Aerosol Spray Painter

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
  • Car(s):R34 GT Skyline with GTT engine
Oh, my car won't be there for the photo's :(

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
  • LocationUnder The Bonnet, Behind The Camera
  • Car(s):1x Giant Fridge, 1x Smaller Freezer
  • Bike(s):Hopefully before January
Lol, I dont think he means we'll be taking the photos on Sunday, just talk to me about it. Cos not many cars will be out. Mine won't, yours won't, Chars and Lachlans won't. So I'm sure you'll be fine :thumbsup:

I'll check out the skins and then vote!
RM_Photography
RM_Photography on Facebook

RM_Photography!

Resident supplier of Garret, Sonic Performance, Turbosmart and all Bosch products.
MTQ Engine Systems

Practicality is an unfamiliar concept...

PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES!!
-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Socrates

Socrates

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 900 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia
  • Car(s):1978 C210 Nissan Skyline 2400GT
  • Bike(s):2004 "30 years of BMX" Mongoose Mischief
I'm liking delicate blue currently, warrior isnt wide enough for the 16:9 screen, can anyone second that?

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
I'm only on my iPhone, so nothing ever works properly :confused: But having said that, DEFINATELY Warrior. Looks awesome! Lol. That pc isn't too bad either, but definately room for improvement.
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

Resident supplier of Garret, Sonic Performance, Turbosmart and all Bosch products.
MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Bella <3

Bella <3

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 344 posts
  • LocationPerth WA
  • Car(s):not telling!
warrior definitly looks more modern i likey! :)

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

Resident WCC Aerosol Spray Painter

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
  • Car(s):R34 GT Skyline with GTT engine
Warrior for sure, it's the only one that is readable

V8EATER

V8EATER

• President
  • 2551 posts
  • Car(s):R32 GTS4 4 Door with RB26DETT, R32 GTS-T Coupe Drift Pig, HJ Prem Wgn, 1947 Holden Pontiac Silver Streak

I'm liking delicate blue currently, warrior isnt wide enough for the 16:9 screen, can anyone second that?

You will find that this is because the background picture isnt in 1080 res as yet.

I have tested it on a wide screen with a different pic and its fine.

There is one thing that i would like to do to Warrior skin and that is to widen the middle colum of the forum to be more to the outside of the screen to give more room for all the writing. Other changes i would do would be color coding sections of the forums to break it up and not have it clutering up being all together.

Posted Image

Tritty

Tritty

• Secretary
  • 750 posts
  • LocationKenwick WA
  • Car(s):R32 GTR, HB Torana SL Series 2 (Project), GQ Patrol
I think warrior is the go for the default Skin, I know there is supposed to be a banner with the members cars in it but personally I think changing the backgroud picture with a picture of cars at different events every now and then would be better, it would promote the club and show that we do get out there and do things plus will have a fresh new look each time.

I also think we could put a WCC logo on maybe all of those skins and keep them there so people can change the skin to suit their PC as socrates says, but we all know he just likes flowers. lol
Keeping the main selected skin as default of course.

Its the little things in life that count.

V8EATER

V8EATER

• President
  • 2551 posts
BTW another photography day will be held for the photo shoot of all the cars together so no stress.

And even if you do miss out getting in the picture, im sure there will be another time.

The background picture will be continuosly updated as time goes on to give the site a new look.

Posted Image

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
As for Photography Days, I'm always up for it, obviously. Plus my camera comes with me to almost every cruise now, so you'll all have plenty of pictures of your cars, as well as plenty for WCC.

Jeez, I should start charging for this shit ;)
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
  • Car(s):Changing
I likey IP duo. Warrior one makes my eyes hurt... So does Tritty's text lol

Tritty

Tritty

• Secretary
  • 750 posts
  • LocationKenwick WA
  • Car(s):R32 GTR, HB Torana SL Series 2 (Project), GQ Patrol
:geek: :nyaanyaa:
Its the little things in life that count.

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
I honestly don't mind Tritty's text. It's unique, individual, and I know exactly who's talking. Using an iPhone, I often can't see the whole page :(
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

V8EATER

V8EATER

• President
  • 2551 posts
Okay guys, i have applied Warrior to be the default skin for WCC at the moment. Other users may change there skin to be the old WCC Classic skin or use one of the other following skins provided if they wish.

Everyone is still welcome to have there own say of which skin they still like out of the choices and what they would like to see changed to make it better for viewing.

Warrior skin is now called WCC just for the ones that dont understand the name change on the list now. It is now no longer called warrior.

With this new warrior skin applied, there will be changes going on that may interrupt viewing. Please be advised that this is just myself testing the language built for the skin to modify it. (Thats if i can understand it. Sometimes its like reading Japanese). Some things may appear all fucked up, but dont worry, its just me screwing around with the website getting it right.

Its all good! :thumbsup:

Posted Image

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
Are their any plans for the WCC logo at the top?
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

V8EATER

V8EATER

• President
  • 2551 posts
Yer man. I plan to have the old WCC car logo going up there shortly. This will be one of the first things i will be working on soon. We need our flash wcc logo. Its our branding :)

Posted Image

V8EATER

V8EATER

• President
  • 2551 posts
Okay have made some slight changes to the looks of Warrior skin.

*Old WCC logo applied. This is only temporary until i have design a real flash one to suit our new background picture when it gets done.

* The logo now doesn't overlap the login button on some Internet Explorer browsers. This is a fault with IE and i have adjusted the skin to correct it problem.

* Font size is increased in size and made bold for forum sections making it easier to read. (Done for you James you panzee)

* WCC logo now doesn't go over the top of the cars shown in the background picture. The forum board has been moved down to clear it.

* An attempt was made to widen the board making it more visible to read as well as making more room for everything to fit on. Unfortunately it looks like it cant be modified. I have sent a PM to the author to see if we can get this changed. Its shitting me off not knowing how to change it. Well that's if it can be changed....

More updates will be applied soon.

Posted Image

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
Site is looking good mate, definately all improvements so far. :)
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

V8EATER

V8EATER

• President
  • 2551 posts
Well what does everyone think of the Warrior skin? Like it, hate it?

Im leaning towards changing it as 1. the background pic takes to long to load, 2. I cant make it any wider as the skin board if fixed and not fluid, & 3. The author doesn't respond to help with the skin, so support service sux!

I think i might start looking around for another skin.

Posted Image