NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
  • LocationUnder The Bonnet, Behind The Camera
  • Car(s):1x Giant Fridge, 1x Smaller Freezer
  • Bike(s):Hopefully before January
Hey all,
I'm looking at painting my window wipers, and then some engine highlights while the car is off the road. I want to paint it black, but I'm thinking metallic black for something a bit different.

Question is: Can I get this from a spray can? I know I can get gloss black, but thats too normal.

Can anyone help out??

Cheers,
Rhys
RM_Photography
RM_Photography on Facebook

RM_Photography!

Resident supplier of Garret, Sonic Performance, Turbosmart and all Bosch products.
MTQ Engine Systems

Practicality is an unfamiliar concept...

PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES!!
-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA
  • Car(s):RB30DET R32 Gts-t Sedan, Hilux SSR-G Surf 4x4
  • Bike(s):Hyosung GT250-R, My wife...
I think metallic needs a wide spray nozzle so to find it in a can would be difficult.
I may be wrong but I have not seen it yet.

Posted Image

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
Thats what I was thinking, but not what I wanted to hear :( Thanks Allen, guess gloss it'll be until I decide to get them all coated properly :)
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

Resident supplier of Garret, Sonic Performance, Turbosmart and all Bosch products.
MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

karbie

karbie

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSOR
  • Car(s):R34 GT-T Skyline

Thats what I was thinking, but not what I wanted to hear :( Thanks Allen, guess gloss it'll be until I decide to get them all coated properly :)

Or why don't you just remove the parts you want tto paint, if your able to and then spray them???
Why Drink and Drive when you can Drift and Slide.....

Nak

Nak

Renee: "Is That Bad?!" lol

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 993 posts
  • LocationMt Nasura
  • Car(s):1995 S1.5 GTS-T skyrine(SOLD) 1991 BNR32 GT-R
ummmm rhys heres my number 0433 850 009 there is a auto shop down here in armadale that deals with custom paints and "may" have something close to what you want. ill have to go down sat morning to find out for you but i can do so if you like and even get a price so you know where your budget will come in allan should also know the store im talking about as it around the cornere to Auto 1 where allan goes to. just call or msg my phone today/tonight if you want me to do that.
i only suggesting this because they had a mettalic caliper paint in the blue i wanted only problem was they only had the one can and i didnt want to be left high and dry if that ran out before i finished.
To Be Old And Wise You Must First Be Young And Stupid

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA
  • Car(s):RB30DET R32 Gts-t Sedan, Hilux SSR-G Surf 4x4
  • Bike(s):Hyosung GT250-R, My wife...
With proper metallic paint, the nozzle needs to be large enough to shoot the flake with the paint. You can get something similar that has a little bit of sparkle but I severely doubt true metallic.

Posted Image

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts

Or why don't you just remove the parts you want tto paint, if your able to and then spray them???

I'm not going to paint them on the car. I'm not cutting any corners. Well, not really... Eventually I'll be getting them coated properly, but for now paint will do :)

Nakkers, if you could check that out, that'd be great. If its not true metallic though, I'll just go gloss.
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

• Moderator - Paid Member -Donator
  • 1302 posts
NAK!!! Find out about these metallic blue caliper paint for me, is it a dark blue? If so I want it!!!

Heatseeker

Heatseeker

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo

• Guest Member
  • 87 posts
  • LocationPerth
  • Car(s):04 Ba Falcon, 91 EB XR8 347 Stroker, WB 1 Tonner
Mate if you can get yourself the paint you want and some gun wash for the cleaning of the spray gun, your more than welcome to use my spary gun and compressor, I have enough room for ya to paint them to, my guns nossel is large enough to handel anything.
Another option is to buy a can of the touch up paint that sca sells (its a good quillity brand of paint, not that cheap crap) its in those red and blue small cans, i used some of the red on some parts of my motor and it was a metillic colour and it came out quite nice

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
Might look into it Rob, better then spray cans. Wanna do my rocker covers and shit next, plus redo my wiper blades, so I'll let you know. Wouldn't mind learning how it's done.
RM_Photography

RM_Photography!

MTQ Engine Systems

-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

Resident WCC Aerosol Spray Painter

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
  • Car(s):R34 GT Skyline with GTT engine
It's almost easier than spray cans Rhys, it's just getting the technique and mixing the paint right. Took me a few goes to get it perfect with my bonnet and things, but once you get it then it is much much better.

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

Resident WCC Aerosol Spray Painter

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
  • Car(s):R34 GT Skyline with GTT engine
It's almost easier than spray cans Rhys, it's just getting the technique and mixing the paint right. Took me a few goes to get it perfect with my bonnet and things, but once you get it then it is much much better.