42 replies to this topic

karbie

karbie

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSOR
  • Car(s):R34 GT-T Skyline
I don't know if anyone had read the paper today but on the front page they had a article on how the Government has asked a Accident Investigation company to investigate whether performance vehicles (V8's, cars that were Turbocharged or Supercharged) were the common/main factors in P-Plater crashes. Once the investigation has been completed later this year and the company has submitted it's findings, the Government will then decide whether to bring out a new legislation that would ultimately ban novice drivers from driving anything that had a power to weight ratio greater then 135kw/Tonne. Which means novice drivers will not be able to drive most newer V8's and varies cars that have been modded out and thus exceed this limit. According to this article a similar legislation was trial from (correct me if I'am wrong) 1999 to 2007 in NSW. however funny enough though the the article also stated that 1 in 12 crashes involved a P-Plater.

To be honest I think it's not quite fair on P-Plater's
Why Drink and Drive when you can Drift and Slide.....

Bella <3

Bella <3

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 344 posts
  • LocationPerth WA
  • Car(s):not telling!
yeh but u get the idiot p platers that f*ck it up for everyone and until they learn how to be responsible on the road these things will happen. just like the p plater i had tailgating the f*ck outta me tonight, i slammed on my brakes and he shat himself and then continued to follow me until i stopped and he parked right next to me and just stared at me then he realised i wasnt alone in the car and he quickly drove off (WTF!!).if ppl dnt learn then these things will happen.
i definitly agree tho that its unfair on the people who do nothing wrong but until ppl actually start doin the right thing they are the ones making it worse for everyone else.

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

Resident WCC Aerosol Spray Painter

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
  • Car(s):R34 GT Skyline with GTT engine
I think it's a load of crap. I tried to call in to 92.9 this morning when they were discussing this, but my phone is playing up.

I think it depends completely on the driver. Any car goes fast enough to kill you, however big cars like V8's and turbocharged vehicles usually have the stopping power to effectively slow you down at those speeds. I would rather be in a high performance car like a Skyline that has the technology to keep you safe in a crash, and also the ability to be controlled at high speeds, rather than in something like a Hyundai Excel that can still easily reach 140km's but will take you 2kms to stop when you slam on the brakes. If a driver wants to go fast then they are going to go fast, be it in a Peel P50 or in a Bugatti Veyron, it makes no difference.

They also say that P-Platers are more likely to speed in a high performance car... Again i think that is a load of shit. The one and only speeding fine i ever got was in my 4 cylinder Holden Vectra. I didn't respect the car so i didn't drive it like i respected it. I have never exceeded the speed limit once in my Skyline (except on cruises when i get a little excited :rolleyes: ), simply because i love the car too much and i don't ever want to see it as a $15000 piece of scrap metal in my driveway. I also don't feel like i have anything to prove in the Skyline, they are respected cars for a reason. So i don't race people.

I have changed my attitude a lot since i got my car, so i think these proposed laws are absolute rubbish. How about investigating how many people in accidents were on their way home from the pub or a nightclub. Guarantee you a hell of a lot more of them were alcohol or drug related than performance car related, but you don't see anyone trying to ban liquor

1via

1via

Got Silvia?

• Moderator - Paid Member -Donator
  • 1101 posts
  • LocationMaylands
  • Car(s):Mitsubishi Legnum
this is crap. my skyline helped save me from being injured in my accident i reckon. its actually quite strong she hit me really hard at over 70-80km and fucked her car but i was surprised that there wasn't more damage to the body. i think being rear wheel drive helped me move away from hitting the traffic light pole. so yeah :D

yeah some p platers think there the shit and can be fuck heads but for the people who aren't they shouldn't be punished coz of it. i have only been in 1 crash which wasn't my fault and i had no way of preventing it. so that in't really fair
Ten Four to Socrates: (26 December 2010 - 11:09 PM)
my hair contains no gel or wax. purely how I wake up.
yours on the other hand, is curly like pubes, EVERYWHERE

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA
  • Car(s):RB30DET R32 Gts-t Sedan, Hilux SSR-G Surf 4x4
  • Bike(s):Hyosung GT250-R, My wife...
Studies show that the most frequent age for hoons is between 17 and 22.
This will more than likely be one of the determining factors in the outcome of the study regardless of the results.
Unfortunately the facts speak for themselves. The majority of kids who get into an HPV and cane the fuck out it wrap themselves around poles and give everyone else on the road a bad name.
Regardless, I still think the whole thing is a fucking joke. Drunk drivers kill 100 times more people on the roads than the average so called fucking hoon, but they don't do enough to keep these cunts out of cars. So what if some 17 year old full of bravado is doing a donut or dropping a low speed skid. The most he'll do is hit a kerb, fuck his rear end up, get called a fuckwitt and have to endure the shit his mates give him for a few months. Meanwhile the drunk driver wipes out a whole family of people and loses his license for a year.
The hoon who drift-links a couple of corners loses his car, his license, a fuckload of money to some second rate ambulance chaser and may have jail time on the cards has a lot more to lose than some drunk fuckhole behind the wheel of his car, who loses his license for 3 months, is allowed to apply for an extraordinary license and gets behind the wheel again under the influence.
Drunk drivers should be strung up by their balls and bungee'd.
As cruel as it sounds, I hope some high ranking politician or pig has his family wiped out by a drunk driver. Maybe then the focus will return on the real killers on our streets.
Until then, fuck them all.

Posted Image

1via

1via

Got Silvia?

• 1101 posts
  • LocationMaylands
i agree with the drink driving. some people think it is ok to get in a car and they are dumb. exactly a week after my accident same thing happened to this guy he got left with brain damage and is paralysed. all because some ass wipe decides to get in their car instead of gettin a taxi. and they get let off real easy. if lachlan wants to drink i'll driove if i want to drink lachlan will drive if we both want to then we will organise someone to drop us off an pick us up or we could get a taxi. not exactly hard to do

karbie

karbie

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSOR
Drunk drivers kill 100 times more people on the roads than the average so called fucking hoon, but they don't do enough to keep these cunts out of cars.[/quote]

Funny you mention this Allen because in the paper yesterday or Tuesday there was a article about a man had been caught drink driving for the 14th time and his alcohol reading was 0.387 or something. I think that the stupid W.A Police Department should stop concentrating on catching hoons and trying to ban P-Platers from driving fast cars and concentrate more on keeping repeating Drunk Driver's off the road. An they certainly should try and spend more time solving more serious case or stoping from the more serious crimes from occurring, like those F***ing cowards that beat that wheel chair bound tourist the other day.

Nak

Nak

Renee: "Is That Bad?!" lol

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 993 posts
  • LocationMt Nasura
  • Car(s):1995 S1.5 GTS-T skyrine(SOLD) 1991 BNR32 GT-R
did anyone see the today tonight speacil on the the WA man who has 5 consecutive life bans from obtaining a wa or any state for that matter licence who has killed two ppl because he was driving under the influence of alchol continues to drive without a licence and under the influence and i think he's only ever served 8 month behind bars and he's got 2 FUCKING MAN SLAUGHTER charges to his name and multiple DUI's. and all the cops do is impound the fucking car breathe test the fuker book him send him to court and he gets out jail free card gets played again and he he's back on the road doing it again.

i thinkl he's should be serving 5 consecutive life sentences in prison
To Be Old And Wise You Must First Be Young And Stupid

1via

1via

Got Silvia?

• 1101 posts
  • LocationMaylands
^ thats horrible. how can he get behind the wheel and continue to drink and drive after killing people. omg

Nak

Nak

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 993 posts
  • LocationMt Nasura
exactly and he reply to the today tonight report when he asked him "are you going to get behind the wheel again?" was "yeah and you cant stop me" how about the cops do something about these ppl instead of focusing all their power on a perfomance car owner

Nak

Nak

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 993 posts
  • LocationMt Nasura
one of his victims was a toddler that he ran over in their driveway while he was reversing out of the next one up

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
  • Car(s):Changing
125kw/tonne eh?

K, porsche boxster time.

Nak

Nak

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 993 posts
  • LocationMt Nasura
lol trd aurion
impreza wrx not the STi tune

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
  • Car(s):Changing
Can't be turbo.

karbie

karbie

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSOR

lol trd aurion
impreza wrx not the STi tune

According to the article it actually mentioned that this law would provent novice drivers from even being able to drive the new Toyota Aurions because they have a larger Kw's per tonne ratio.

and as for that repeat drink driver, I agree they should lock the F###er up.

karbie

karbie

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSOR

Can't be turbo.

You wouldn't be able to drive a vehicle that has a turbocharger, supercharger or V8's, I feel sorry the new P-Platers

Nak

Nak

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 993 posts
  • LocationMt Nasura
you know what Governments they are here to take your money keep the rich rich and the poor poor, and to make something simple near on impossible.

ok now could someone post a link if you find one on the details of this propsed law plsssssssss

karbie

karbie

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSOR
http://au.news.yahoo...-powerful-cars/

Clicky linky :)

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
  • LocationUnder The Bonnet, Behind The Camera
  • Car(s):1x Giant Fridge, 1x Smaller Freezer
  • Bike(s):Hopefully before January
This law won't stop people modifying they're cars. Sex Spec and Show Cars will become more popular. Also, people will buy NA Skylines and Silvias, bomb the suspention and brakes, then build up a massive hp engine on the side for wen they get off their Ps. Turning a car from a 100hp cruiser to a 400+hp monster is probably more dangerous then a 200hp stock Silvia, wouldn't you all agree??
If I disagreed with this law, I'd be a huge hipocritt. When I was buying my first car, my parents refused to let me get a turbo, supercharged and V8. At the time, I was furious but forgave them when I got my Skyline. HOWEVER! After owning it for a year before upgrading, I honestly believed it was the best thing my parents did. Without the turbo, the chances of losing it was a lot less.
Keeping this in mind, the NA had no rear swaybar and shit brakes making it a lot more dangerous to drive.
So if anything, red P-Platers shouldn't have turbos, but that'd be unfair in the long run. So honestly, it's just a way to look like they're doing something. Combined with the media, they're just trying to keep the general public happy. It's bullshit, but can we do? Go to the government and tell them about how safe a burnout is, they're not going to listen.
RM_Photography
RM_Photography on Facebook

RM_Photography!

Resident supplier of Garret, Sonic Performance, Turbosmart and all Bosch products.
MTQ Engine Systems

Practicality is an unfamiliar concept...

PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES!!
-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

karbie

karbie

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSOR
My mum was the same. My first cars were N/A silvias. An I agree it was probably the best thing because the way I used to drive a N/A, i reckon if I had a turboed Silvia I would have probably lost it and killed myself, though this still doesnt mean I agree with this newly proposed law.