Hank Scorpio's Rotary Cosmo

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

• Moderator - Paid Member -Donator
  • 1302 posts
In the first half of this year I was seriously considering a twin garrett turbo upgrade on the Legnum however I decided to chase some big HP figure, this lead me to look at cars with some different engines to achieve this. These included the RB26DETT, 2JZ-GTE, 1UZ-FE and the 20B-REW

Before I had even sold the VR-4 I saw on Antilag that someone was selling a Mazda JC Cosmo, after finding out the cost I knew I was on to a winner! So later that week myself, Scott and our friends Stirling and "Largey" went down to check out the Mazda. It was rough to say the least but after I flashed some cash the deal was done and it was mine for the small sum of $3,000. A new Cannonball Run car had been sourced – let the build commence!

It had a HORRIBLE set of Chinese chrome wheels on it (18x8 +35 yuck!) with cheap shitty tyres which was quickly rectified when I put my Work XSA-02Cs on (18x9.5 +29) that I had originally purchased for my Legnum shod with Toyo Proxes R1R rubber. So with the car now looking semi-respectable I was able to drive it around however it was in dire need of some more work, and a re-build.

So of it went to local Project Mu dealer Tokyo Motorsports for some more stopping power (as much as the single pot stockers would allow) and bake it came sporting Project Mu B-Spec and Type NS pads front and rear as well as RDA slotted front rotors on the fronts to help her pull up.

Next on the agenda were wheels (again) although tough with plans of big numbers I wanted some wider wheels to fit some wider tyres so my XSA’s were sold to Stirling to go on his FC RX-7 and with my new funds I purchased 18x9.5 and 18x10.5 Work Meister M1Rs, perfect for staunch fitment and wide rubber! So back on went my Tempe-spec shitters to roll around on and attempt to find traction in.

Finally the time had come and after months of driving it around, getting my wheels dirty and having more and more electrical components fail me, we took the car to Rotomotion. There it currently sits awaiting an engine rebuild, manual transmission conversion and a monster GT4202R turbo!

Other plans include new suspension bushes and a coilover kit (sitting in the WA Suspensions workshop as we speak), a paint job, rear wing and an electrical re-wire with interior re-trim.

More information as it comes to hand – watch this space!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
  • Car(s):Changing
:yes:

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA
  • Car(s):RB30DET R32 Gts-t Sedan, Hilux SSR-G Surf 4x4
  • Bike(s):Hyosung GT250-R, My wife...
T51R SPL.

Posted Image

GreyWolf

GreyWolf

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 630 posts
  • LocationWilletton
  • Car(s):GTO
so is it gonna take a year for you to paint this one?
skyline... rex... skyline... rex... im starting to sense a pattern

landscribble

landscribble

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 295 posts
  • LocationNOR
  • Car(s):R33 GTS-t
GT4202R! f*ck

REAPER

REAPER

• 1250 posts
  • Locationunder ur bed
  • Car(s):aristo pimp mobile (VIP)
  • Bike(s):ur mum
ready 4 feb
Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me. An alcoholic is someone you don't like who drinks as much as you do. Don't drink and drive, you might hit a bump and spill your drink. You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on. Stay busy, get plenty of exercise, and don't drink too much. Then again, don't drink too little. Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time. One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time. A meal without wine is like a day without sunshine, except that on a day without sunshine you can still get drunk. I stopped drinking, but only when I sleep. This is one of the disadvantages of wine: it makes a man mistake words for thought. Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic's best friend !!!! When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading. I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they always worked for me. The consumption of alcohol may cause pregnancy. A man who exposes himself when he is intoxicated, has not the art of getting drunk. A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory. I drink to forget I drink. Alcohol is necessary for a man so that he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed be the facts. Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water. The whole world is about three drinks behind. I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio

• 1302 posts
Nah, shouldn't take too long to get this one painted and ready for Feb!

V8EATER

V8EATER

The fearless leader thats born to cruise...

• President
  • 2551 posts
  • LocationMiles in front of you....
  • Car(s):R32 GTS4 4 Door with RB26DETT, R32 GTS-T Coupe Drift Pig, HJ Prem Wgn, 1947 Holden Pontiac Silver Streak
  • Bike(s):None. Stick em up your ass! Im jinxed riding them.
Friggen wicked dude. I like it! :thumbsup:

Posted Image
Go Hard Or Fuck Off Home. Kick Ass, Take No Prisoners!!!

All donations to West Coast Cruisers is very much appreciated

Nak

Nak

Renee: "Is That Bad?!" lol

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 993 posts
  • LocationMt Nasura
  • Car(s):1995 S1.5 GTS-T skyrine(SOLD) 1991 BNR32 GT-R
what colour you going for? and when is it going to be ready from rotormotion?
To Be Old And Wise You Must First Be Young And Stupid

Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio

• 1302 posts
Satin black for Cannonball.

The car is already at Rotomotion.

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA

GT4202R! fuck

Fixed.

Posted Image

Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio

• 1302 posts
Slight update.

The engine is out and is currently being rebuilt with 2mm PTS Seals as well as an extend port with a slight bridge (just for the sound, hehe). The main bearing on the 20B was apparentky quite difficult to source but everything seems to be moving along well.

John at Rotomotion is currently fiddling around with the beast and working on how to do the manual conversion - the first he has ever done. After all this he will wire up a Microtec ECU to control everything.

My good mate Kermit from Kermit Engineering will be doing some custom work on it, complete 3.5" stainless steel exhaust system with metallic high flow cat and high quality muffler, CAI with pod filter and custom stainless steel intercooler piping.

Engine will be back in the car by the end of the week awaiting power upgrades.

Reaper has gladly donated a badass wing to the cause. This will be rattle canned matte black for that stealth look and extre required downforce ;)

Stay tuned cruisers!

Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio

• 1302 posts
Just bought myself some "track rims" hehe!

Posted Image

Work Euroline DH
[F] 18x8.5 +32
[R] 18x9.5 +35

Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio

• 1302 posts
A decision has been made on the exterior. Here's a hint ;)

Posted Image

2LV8ETR

2LV8ETR

Grampa Spec Cockhead

• Vice President
  • 3017 posts
  • LocationArmadale WA
I approve..

Posted Image

YTRY4

YTRY4

Smart Fourtwo

• Guest Member
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNOR
  • Car(s):Infini RX7
  • Bike(s):Yamaha banshee
I think i saw this at Rotomotion recently?
Posted Image

Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio

• 1302 posts
Yep, it has been in there forever!

Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio

• 1302 posts
Wheels are at work and look AMAZING! Just waiting on a car to fit them on to :P

Everything is looking good, engine and gearbox are all in from what I understand, OS Giken twin plate clutch sourced for the FD3S manual gearbox and Rotomotion are banging along with it.

Can't be too much longer now!

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
  • Car(s):Changing
Is it going to sound like the RX7 in this video?

Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio

• 1302 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image