3 replies to this topic

Matty079

Matty079

Holden Commodore

• Guest Member - Donator
  • 58 posts
  • LocationPadbury
  • Car(s):EP91 Starlet
I swear sound systems just aim to piss me off. The only car's sound system that didn't fuck up was my $500 falcon's system which was a quick fit with no solder of anything.

Anyway long story short, I have a Soundstream flip-up HU, which runs my front 4" speakers. That all works fine. In my boot I have a 4x110w Alpine amp running my two rear speakers and a 500w alpine monoblock running my type R sub. I went around a corner last night and my rear speakers and sub cut out, my first thought was what happened a few weeks ago, the remote wire, but thats all fine. Both amps are getting power, all wires are wired correctly and securely. Grounds are fine and everything.

I can occasionally get my RL speaker to work but it sounds like shit depending on how I connect the RCAs.

Any idea what can cause this? I've checked the fuses on the amps, I've checked the RCA cables and they're getting power behind the HU so they're in working order...

FUCK i hate this shit. Please, any ideas? Or a website that I can go to, to find answers?

Thanks

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
  • LocationUnder The Bonnet, Behind The Camera
  • Car(s):1x Giant Fridge, 1x Smaller Freezer
  • Bike(s):Hopefully before January
Call my mate Phil, 0406 275 821. He'll sort it out for you. Sounds like loose connections between the amps and speakers though.
RM_Photography
RM_Photography on Facebook

RM_Photography!

Resident supplier of Garret, Sonic Performance, Turbosmart and all Bosch products.
MTQ Engine Systems

Practicality is an unfamiliar concept...

PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES!!
-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Mally

Mally

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

• Paid Member
  • 512 posts
  • Locationmalaga area
  • Car(s):76 statesman, 09 colt
could be a short in the speaker wiring, and or the Rca's

you could also be overloading the amp with the sub. try disconecting the sub.

also how many rca outs does the head unit have?

Matty079

Matty079

Holden Commodore

• Guest Member - Donator
  • 58 posts
  • LocationPadbury
  • Car(s):EP91 Starlet
Amps been running the sub fine for near on 6 months, perfectly matched 500w a piece.

The headunit has 3 in total I believe, it has the F speakers, R speakers and Sub out. Which hadn't been pulled apart or anything when I checked...which lead to my confusion haha If nothing came apart in my boot, and nothing's changed behind here....wtf's happened?

I think it could be due to a speaker grounding or the like, will have a better look tomorrow but thanks for all your help! Really appreciate it :)