• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

Resident WCC Aerosol Spray Painter

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
  • Car(s):R34 GT Skyline with GTT engine
Ok guys, my first contribution to this forum is just a quick recipe I came up with; made these for lunch yesterday after deciding I don't eat enough oats. Turned out quite well and are really healthy too!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups rolled oats
3 tbs Tahini (Sesame paste for those that don't know :P )
3 tbs Hazelnut spread
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup sunflower kernels
1/2 cup dried cranberries (optional)
1/2 cup sultanas (optional)
1/2 cup honey

Method:

Pre-heat oven to ~175 degrees Celsius.

Put the Tahini, Hazelnut paste, and honey into a bowl, and mix together until well combined (Can be quite a physical challenge if the ingredients are cold, place in the microwave for 20 seconds to make it easier :thumbsup: ).

Place the sunflower kernels and slivered almonds on a lined baking tray and bake until golden brown (roughly 10-15 minutes depending on how well heated the oven is).

Mix in the oats, sunflower kernels, slivered almonds, cranberries and sultanas with the Tahini/hazelnut/honey mixture. Make sure it is combined well so that you get even flavours.

Using a tablespoon, place blobs of the mixture onto the baking tray. You should end up with about 15-20 decent sized blobs depending on how big you want to make them.

Place in the oven for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until the outside is nice and brown.

Remove from the oven and allow to cool for approximately 5 minutes, or until the blobs have firmed up a bit. Initially while the cookies are still warm they will be very soft and prone to falling apart, so don't try to move them straight away.

Once they have firmed up enough to move, place the cookies in the fridge for 20 minutes or so. This stage is unnecessary, you can eat straight away if you wish, but the cookies will still be quite soft and hard to eat; placing them in the fridge will make them a bit firmer.