Photo

R32 GTS4 4 Door with RB26DETT - V8EATER

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

V8EATER

V8EATER

The fearless leader thats born to cruise...

• President
  • 2551 posts
  • LocationMiles in front of you....
  • Car(s):R32 GTS4 4 Door with RB26DETT, R32 GTS-T Coupe Drift Pig, HJ Prem Wgn, 1947 Holden Pontiac Silver Streak
  • Bike(s):None. Stick em up your ass! Im jinxed riding them.
Hey Cruisers,

There is quite a story behind this car and here it goes....

The V8EATER has made a massive difference to my thinking of cars. In the beginning, yes, i admit it, i hated Jap cars with a passion, they never did anything for me.... until the day i went for a cruise with Allen in his Skyline.

The thing that got me hooked was handling on the road and not the fact that they perform well. Performance can be achieved with any car, I'll admit that, but even with that bulk horse power you cant make a car handle and brake quite like a skyline.

As some may or may not know, i raced speedway for 10 years of my life and i have a high level of experiance with car suspension as i worked doing car suspension for 15 years with my dad who owned a suspension workshop. I certainly know how a car should handle and to be honest, the skyline is my number 1 vote for the best ever handling car that ive ever been in, in my whole life. There is no doubt that they are the best and that is what got me hooked.

Now back to the V8EATER. On one rainy day at the Van Der Laan camp, me and Al were looking for a skyline for myself. After looking at many cars and not having much luck, we finally spotted the car that was to be my future. As we were browsing the skyline section on ebay, Allen just comes out with a comment "Get Fucked". Instantly my ears pricked up saying "what, what". He says to me, "Dude these things are a rare car and you should get your hands on this asap". I thought to myself "oookaaay" and i then asked what so special about this car? He said its a R32 GTS4 4 door. 4 door GTS4's are very hard to find and the other fact was that it was a 4wd car instaed of a 2wd. In hes next sentance, he turned to say "You lucky cunt" and began to sob. I had to laugh. I then proceeded to enquire about the car.

The car was a fresh import into Queensland with about 72000km on the clock. It had never been licenced in Australia and it still needed to be licenced. Price of the car was advertised for $16000, but i bought the car for $15000. I was chuffed thinking this is the begining of something new.

After organizing my sister in Queensland to have a look at the car getting the thumbs up, i bought the car and then had it freighted over to WA. First the car had to be lics in Queensland before it could be released to WA. Once it arrived in WA, i then had to re rego again for WA adding the V8EATER number plates to it.

Heres a pic of it stock as a rock.

Posted Image

After having the car rego'd for WA, i then began to start to modify the car buying bits and pieces for it. First off, me and Allen went to JPC and i bought a S/H TBO GTR body kit, S/H VS SS Works rims and tyres and S/H Cusco adjustable coil overs. As time went on, i then bought more stuff. Monsta square tubed intercooler, Red nolathan hoses, catch can, nismo side indercators (more like stole off Mariannes car), after market R34 GTR wing, Nismo GTR 320km dash, a type R steering wheel (Gift from Allen), Boss kit to suit, Intercooler piping kit, Walbro fuel pump, torque split controller (which is now fucked), Nismo floor mats, Manual T boost controller, Cat back 3" XS Performance exhaust system and a $50 buck ebay ecu chip to remove all the restrictions. Stock wasnt enough and i wanted the restrictions removed cranking the boost up to 16 psi with a stock turbo. Now many people say 16 psi, that aint gona last long. But for some reason this 2L engine that had a stock turbo was jinxed. It could handle it.

As time went on, the power STILL wasnt enough for my liking and i decided to upgrade the motor buying an R32 GTR front cut.

Heres a pic of as it arrived.

Posted Image

Nismo twin plate badge

Posted Image

Motor out of front cut

Posted Image

Link to engine conversion topic

I bought the R32 GTR half cut for $6500 and it came from SA.

With many many thanks to Allen for his helping hand, the motor went into the car in less than a couple of days, including a full wiring change over.

Now, since ive had this engine, all i have done to it is the following. Tuned length 3 1/2" down pipes, 3" decat, yellow jacket coil packs and another $50 nismo ebay chip to remove the resrictions (i hate restrictions) and thats it. Oh and the boost restrictor was removed to crank it up only running at 11 PSI. :D Thats it. Nothing more has been done to this engine. Ive had a lot of people say to me, "that aint stock". Well yes it is. And the reason why it goes hard i guess is because i punish it hard. I am a very aggressive driver and i treat every car badly. I admit it. Its either gonna go or its gonna blow. Thats my theory. Who gives a fuck. I dont when it comes to cars. I take most of my agression out on cars and it makes me feel better in the long run. Thats the only way i get to release and thats the way i am when i drive.

Since saying all the above, i am at the point were im now going to take it off the road and take it to the next stage. Here is what i am going to do...

I have a pair of Nismo la mans turbos to go on cranking them to 28 psi, buy a pair of cams (dont know which ones to get yet), HKS adjustable timing gears, bigger injectors (dont know which ones yet) and an aftermarket ecu which i want to program myself as i want learn how to program ecu's for my own knowledge.

The car has now been sitting undercover since the last "Freestyler cruise". I copped a chip in the windscreen on the last cruise which has developed into a fully cracked windscreen making it undriveable. (well i could drive it but MR Plod wouldnt be happy with it.)

The car is now totally off the road and it is in the next stage of production. With all the above mentioned being done, i intend on finishing the TBO custom body kit and painting it in its green and gold colours. Go Aussie!

Stay tuned cruisers. I will show more as time goes on. B)

Posted Image

Posted Image
Go Hard Or Fuck Off Home. Kick Ass, Take No Prisoners!!!

All donations to West Coast Cruisers is very much appreciated

Tritty

Tritty

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

• Secretary
  • 750 posts
  • LocationKenwick WA
  • Car(s):R32 GTR, HB Torana SL Series 2 (Project), GQ Patrol
Sure has changed quite a bit from when you got it. Total bummer about the windscreen, I cant believe a tiny chip could have turned into a full crack right across the windscreen. Maybe its the really cold weather that helped it happen. who knows. Looks like some busy weekends ahead.
Its the little things in life that count.

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
  • LocationUnder The Bonnet, Behind The Camera
  • Car(s):1x Giant Fridge, 1x Smaller Freezer
  • Bike(s):Hopefully before January
Yeah, those chips do that pretty quickly. When the winds teen in the skyline cracked I left it for a bit and ended up spreading the whole way up the and down!! :confused: everytime I would wash it it'd crack more, was shit. Still, I got pulled over and given a speeding fine and they didn't mention it. Pretty sure they saw it but were easy on my when they realized I was gonna lose my license. Didn't even say anything when I scraped coming down from the curb :P

Thanks for the write up, Brett. More history behind this thong then meets the eye! It's a shame it's off the road, but all for the best! Can't wait to see it return, I will have the camera ready!
RM_Photography
RM_Photography on Facebook

RM_Photography!

Resident supplier of Garret, Sonic Performance, Turbosmart and all Bosch products.
MTQ Engine Systems

Practicality is an unfamiliar concept...

PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES!!
-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

Resident WCC Aerosol Spray Painter

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
  • Car(s):R34 GT Skyline with GTT engine
Very interesting read Bretto, looking forward to seeing more :) Do you think you will have it ready for Powercruise or are you just gonna cross that off straight away?

V8EATER

V8EATER

• President
  • 2551 posts
  • Car(s):R32 GTS4 4 Door with RB26DETT, R32 GTS-T Coupe Drift Pig, HJ Prem Wgn, 1947 Holden Pontiac Silver Streak
Yer i have decided to not take it. More for the fact that there is something not right with the attesa and hicus system. On the last cruise that i did with char, i spotted something not right with the steering. The front wheels were towing inwards to the shit bags and the rear wheels were pointing out to the left. Explains why its getting dangerous to drift sideways. The atessa system isnt driving the front wheels correctly for some reason. I recon there all computer related problems. Im going to get rid of the hicus system and put a lock bar in place. Problem solved then.

I will still be going to powercruise. I love it. I want to show my support for you guys.

Posted Image

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
Yeh always best to get it sorted, there's always next year :)

Char

Char

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 766 posts
  • Car(s):R32 ca18de conversion
buy my whiteline hicas lock bar, brand new :P also buy my 040 fuel pump! -shameless plug.
when u go for paint let me know i gots da hook up just bought mine :yes:

V8EATER

V8EATER

• President
  • 2551 posts
What do you want for the lock bar kit?

Posted Image

V8EATER

V8EATER

• President
  • 2551 posts
Dyno day was yesterday and here's the power output figures before i do my mods.

Power made: 303.1HP AWD (222.93Kw)
Engine Modifications:
Internal mods, i have no idea. Its still a secret.
Yellow Jacket coil packs.
$50 ebay stage 3 rom chip. Think Nismo spec tune but cant remember. (Removes all restrictors, fuel cut out, boost limiter, rev limiter, speed limiter etc)
Tuned length down pipes to 3 1/2" outlet.
3" cat back XS Power Performace exhaust system.
Walbro 550hp fuel pump.
Twin HKS air pods.
Factory boost restrictor removed running 13 psi.

Posted Image

After the track day coming up, shes getting pulled apart for its mass changes. I would like to hit the 500 - 550HP mark. (367.75 - 404.52Kw)

Posted Image

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
So can't wait for this beast to come alive :D :D

Do you know what's going on at the top end of your power curve though? Looks very unstable up there... Same deal with when you hit peak boost...

Tiddy

Tiddy

• Paid Member
  • 233 posts
  • Car(s):my98 WRX
actuator :)
just gotta go up a level with the actuator.
98 STi Twinscrollin
EJ20 inside

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
Why would the actuator cause that? My actuator isn't up to the job but it doesn't do that, it just means I hit 14psi and then the boost immediately starts to drop and I'm only getting 11psi by redline. What makes it go up and down?

Tiddy

Tiddy

• Paid Member
  • 233 posts
actuator opening and closing the wastegate.
Just needs a stronger spring. Easiest to get an aftermarket one, would be easy with a skyline.
98 STi Twinscrollin
EJ20 inside

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
I seeee. What about the power curve? That doesn't look related to the boost, only occurs at higher rpm where the boost curve is smooth at high rpm

Ten Four

Ten Four

Loved on Antilag

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationWembley
  • Car(s):Changing
Running 500-550hp eh bretto?
Hope the internals are forged!

NA_Goodness

NA_Goodness

Resident Photographer

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 3414 posts
  • LocationUnder The Bonnet, Behind The Camera
  • Car(s):1x Giant Fridge, 1x Smaller Freezer
  • Bike(s):Hopefully before January
Tune it well and it'll hold up well. Should be fine
RM_Photography
RM_Photography on Facebook

RM_Photography!

Resident supplier of Garret, Sonic Performance, Turbosmart and all Bosch products.
MTQ Engine Systems

Practicality is an unfamiliar concept...

PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES!!
-Lets eat Grandma
-Let's eat, Grandma!

Tiddy

Tiddy

• Paid Member
  • 233 posts
what turbo and cams will you be running?
98 STi Twinscrollin
EJ20 inside

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts

what turbo and cams will you be running?

I have a pair of Nismo la mans turbos to go on cranking them to 28 psi, buy a pair of cams (dont know which ones to get yet)

You read the thread Tiddy :P

V8EATER

V8EATER

• President
  • 2551 posts
Ive got a pair of Nismo la mans turbos to go on cranking them to 28 psi, a set of chrome split dump pipes (Bought off James but dunno what brand they were), cams i haven't decided yet, Wolf3D v5 ECU (I want to be able to learn how to tune it), 700 - 800cc injectors (brand i haven't decided yet. Most likely SARD), adjustable cam gears with new timing belt (brand i haven't decided yet), Z32 AFM's, malpassi fuel pressure reg, fuel rail (brand i haven't decided yet), Tomei/jun oil baffle kit and a JUN high flow oil pump and oil pump drive collar (Got to protect the heart).

There may be other things to list but thats all that comes to mind at the moment. My aim is for the 500HP mark at least. I don't expect to reach that straight away, but thats my aim, to crack the 500HP. I need to do more research to achieve this goal correctly.

Heres something, what injectors, cams and cams gears does everyone recommend? Ive herd HKS cam gears are bad for slipping. I don't want that happening. JUN/Tomei?

BTW the jumping on the HP figure i reckon was because it was jumping on the dyno but i could be wrong.

Posted Image

Hanaldo

Hanaldo

• Paid Member - Donator
  • 1902 posts
Ah yeh true, could well have been...

Cams and cam gears = Tomei ftw! Tomei pon cams are awesome :D